Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All those Deps that are out their with RSO should share your feelings with our supers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All those Deps that are out their with RSO should share your feelings with our supers

    If you go to our website our union gives us the websites to each supervisor. We should not let them forget who we are as a group and the sacrifices we give during our shifts. This is what I sent each one.
    Shame on you, don’t you understand that you are jeopardizing the own people that you represent? As a human being that happens to be a Deputy Sheriff in a County in which your voice is heard and you represent, it is shamefull that you have allowed things to get to where they are. Like a shepard and its protector, the sheep herder, it is your job, because I pay for you to be that person, to protect me, so I can go out every night, in the dark and protect the sheep that expect my protection and demand yours! However, your agenda suggests otherwise. You are desimating the herders that protect the flock that keep you in office. When they are damaged, hurt or god for bid killed, because you allowed things to get to where they are, what will you have to say to those that will show up for lead herder? I did everything I could to keep the Deputies on the streets to protect you and your family? I think not! At the end of the day the tax payers to include myself will remember how you managed and handled this matter. And suggest you understand that this matter we are discussing has too do with having a piece of mind and safe place to go to when all the residence in your area of responsibility rest their heads each night on their pillows. Security is the utmost important matter you should ever consider. For if a community without out it, we will take our families elsewhere along with our businesses. I am proud to say I am a deputy of a great sheriff's department for three years now, however, I am ashamed, very ashamed of what you allowed. It isnt too late, however, based on what I have seen and heard from you, I am for the first time less scared of looking around a dark corner of where a known dangerous suspect was last seen, but more scared of what you are going to allow.


    Sincerely,

    Deputy that may be without a job

  • #2
    Man, I feel for you guys....I pray you all come out of this OK. This has got to suck....I hope it's just some political posturing.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm going to write to them right now. Dave, you know I've been around long enough to know that this is probably some posturing. I have 12 yrs to be eligible to retire. The last thing I need is to be in the welfare line because hardly anyone is hiring. They talk about bumping rights based on dept needs. These include, training received and special assignments within a contract city. I'm on the bubble but hoping since I have an advance POST, special training and work a special assignment that a city pays for, I can bump other people.

      I'm anticipating that someone in the county admin office is going to trip over a pallet full of money or someone finds money stuffed in a sock somewhere.
      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

      Comment


      • #4
        The county board of stupid.....um....I mean supervisors could care less about us. They never have and they never will. And I will be bet my next paycheck (if I am still employed) that once the budget is approved, and the negotiations are complete and the county has totally screwed us, they will find money they didn't know about in some account they forgot about. It happens every year in Riverside County! Seems like the years they cry foul and claim the county is broke, the more money they find. This county is run by the most inept people I have ever seen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bully View Post
          The last thing I need is to be in the welfare line because hardly anyone is hiring.
          Round 3 for the LASPD??

          Comment


          • #6
            Laspd

            (holding it in)
            Timelines:

            CBPO
            App: 2/12/09
            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
            Written: 2/20/09
            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

            IEA
            App: 5/5/09
            Geo: San Diego
            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
            NOR: 7/20/09
            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
            TO: 10/6/09
            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

            BPA
            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
            App: 8/17/10
            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

            Comment


            • #7
              Round 3 wont be happening. I have my feelers out just in case. The union responded yesterday by putting out an email for a depth thats hiring 1 body.
              God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

              Comment


              • #8
                What are they talking about with you guys? I have a couple buddies with RSO but havnt got a hold of them to find out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by richjorg View Post
                  Round 3 for the LASPD??
                  We just got 10 furlough days for the up coming year...but our contract got extended to 2014...could have been worse! Prob more furlough days in those years!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                    We just got 10 furlough days for the up coming year...but our contract got extended to 2014...could have been worse! Prob more furlough days in those years!
                    We just finished up 3 furloughs a month for 2 years!! 10 in 1 year is a walk in the park. Our new contract has 1 PLP (basically a furlough day) a month for the next year or so. I would trade jobs with you in a heartbeat!! Plus, I might actually like going to work every once in a while.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                      What are they talking about with you guys? I have a couple buddies with RSO but havnt got a hold of them to find out.
                      Here is some of the story.....................

                      RCSO and Co. Supervisors Debate
                      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

                      [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        From the article: "Supervisor Jeff Stone called today on the union representing sheriff’s deputies to drop what he characterized as a hostile “public information campaign” and work with the county on hammering out a new labor contract that reduces expenditures."

                        "The RSA has begun a public information campaign. I don’t have a problem with public information. But when they give facts, they’re only telling one side of the story.” Stone said."

                        What the heck do these cops think they're doing??? They have no business providing "facts" to the public, when "there's another side to the story" (that apparently has nothing to do with facts). These deputies should be fired for their audacity alone and replaced by those who care less about facts and more about doing what they're told to do.

                        Edited to add: An interesting confrontation between those hired on the basis of their honesty and integrity (deputies) and those elected based on their ability to convince the public they're being honest even when they're not (politicians).
                        Last edited by pulicords; 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by davjon14 View Post
                          If you go to our website our union gives us the websites to each supervisor. We should not let them forget who we are as a group and the sacrifices we give during our shifts. This is what I sent each one.
                          Shame on you, don’t you understand that you are jeopardizing the own people that you represent? As a human being that happens to be a Deputy Sheriff in a County in which your voice is heard and you represent, it is shamefull that you have allowed things to get to where they are. Like a shepard and its protector, the sheep herder, it is your job, because I pay for you to be that person, to protect me, so I can go out every night, in the dark and protect the sheep that expect my protection and demand yours! However, your agenda suggests otherwise. You are desimating the herders that protect the flock that keep you in office. When they are damaged, hurt or god for bid killed, because you allowed things to get to where they are, what will you have to say to those that will show up for lead herder? I did everything I could to keep the Deputies on the streets to protect you and your family? I think not! At the end of the day the tax payers to include myself will remember how you managed and handled this matter. And suggest you understand that this matter we are discussing has too do with having a piece of mind and safe place to go to when all the residence in your area of responsibility rest their heads each night on their pillows. Security is the utmost important matter you should ever consider. For if a community without out it, we will take our families elsewhere along with our businesses. I am proud to say I am a deputy of a great sheriff's department for three years now, however, I am ashamed, very ashamed of what you allowed. It isnt too late, however, based on what I have seen and heard from you, I am for the first time less scared of looking around a dark corner of where a known dangerous suspect was last seen, but more scared of what you are going to allow.


                          Sincerely,

                          Deputy that may be without a job
                          I have some experience with this type of battle. You wrote that you sent that email out to all Supervisors; but if you have actually waited to do so, please hold off! Get with your union and put together an official letter that represents all union members as a whole. Your letter is heartfelt and may invoke an emotional response in one or two Supervisors, but it won’t produce the results you are looking for. The letter gives the impression that you wrote it out of passion without much thought (numerous grammatical errors, poor sentence structure and misspelled words). If several Deputies sent similar letters, the Supervisors will likely sift through them and find ammunition to use against you. The letters will most likely repeat the same arguments over and over again, leading to a natural tendency to ignore valid points out of exhaustion and annoyance. This is why one, well written and well thought out letter from the Union is a better option.
                          "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

                          Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok so here's a little rundown of the latest. July 13 is the effective date that 50 sworn and 50 correctional
                            Deputies are gone. That's contingent on the actual budget the BOS approves. If we get the money we need, they won't be laid off. If any more lay offs are needed the sheriff will do it in phases. Each phase takes 45 days and will include 100 bodies. Phase 3 includes closing and consolidating stations and jails. Guys in some non patrol positions will either go back to patrol, jails or courts. There may also be demotions. Contact cities will keep their staffing. Guys with less dept seniority may be able to bump others based on training and experience with other agencies. Take me for example, I have more training and experience than about 80% of my station. I also have a special assignment that requires special training. My position is funded by a city. I'm supposed to be safe.

                            Again, this all depends on the budget that's supposed to be approved next month. I actually have faith in our sheriff. He will do the right thing. On a side note, an academy class graduates tonight. They will be able to graduate and will be laid off as deputies, not recruits. We got a call today that one of them was threatening to eat his barrel. Guess he won't be graduating.
                            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Oh I forgot to add that I'm buying a gardening truck. Just in case. If anyone needs their lawn cut call Bully's Mow, Blow and Go service. 1800 will work for food. I'll be in the white pages.

                              And LASCHOOLCOP, contrary to popular belief, I won't be selling paletas at Berendo MS.
                              God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4713 users online. 280 members and 4433 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X