300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Fees

If you're working full-time safety, how much do you pay in union fees each month? And are you happy with your union?

My union charges me $103.24 a month...and well, let's just say, my agency pays one of the lowest in the state. My union seems to like to increase the rates without providing advanced warning, even if we haven't received a raise.
    "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Ours is about $80 a month.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
      Ours is about $80 a month.
      ^^^^I was just about to post this....^^^^
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Mind you that most national unions don't factor in whether a particualr local has or has not goten a raise. You are overpaying- mine is approx $70. Are there other LE union options in your area? If so I'd explore other union options and would suggest decertification if you find a better one.
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Viffer View Post
          If you're working full-time safety, how much do you pay in union fees each month? And are you happy with your union?

My union charges me $103.24 a month...and well, let's just say, my agency pays one of the lowest in the state. My union seems to like to increase the rates without providing advanced warning, even if we haven't received a raise.
          Me thinks 'tis time thou obtained a copy of your union bylaws and do some reading. Most unions will not, or are prohibited from, raising dues without approval of the board in an OPEN meeting; or through the approval of the membership in a special election.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Dues

$128/Month

Comment

I would say I am happy.. Union reps are always easy to reach and give time to any issues you have. They are very quick to go to bat for you and are not afraid to bump heads at all with the upper management. So ya for the most part Im happy with mine

Comment

Ouch, I thought $60 a month was bad...we're lowing ours this fall to $30 a month.

Comment

i guess its all relative as well as to how many officers you have and the type of things the union does for you. Our union has made drastic changes in our dept and we havent been hit with any pay or benefit cuts. I do feel that its a little high sometimes for a 450+ sworn agency... But we have sooo much going on that they're working on its not quite the time for us to argue it.

And diddo to SgtCHP, they should never be able to raise your dues without a vote. Yes definetly read up on the bylaws...

Comment

I pay about 80ish.

Dues can increase with a board vote, not a general membership vote.
                    Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                    Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Wish I could pay some union dues...
                      Originally Posted by Law100
                      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

When I retired (in 2008) they were $114.00 per month and included legal defense fund. Worth every penny.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                          When I retired (in 2008) they were $114.00 per month and included legal defense fund. Worth every penny.
                          Mine doesn't automatically include the legal defense fund...I believe that would be another $30 to $40 per month.
                          My agency is a sheriff's department, and has about 1,600 sworn.
                          "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

Wat?!?!

Originally posted by Viffer View Post
                            Mine doesn't automatically include the legal defense fund...I believe that would be another $30 to $40 per month.
                            My agency is a sheriff's department, and has about 1,600 sworn.
                            NO LDF??? wow. That was the main reason i even joined the union as a boot.

Comment

I pay about $50/month for union fees.
                              Stupidity should always be free.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5510 users online. 295 members and 5215 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X