Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of ironic there is also a thread on this forum for Riverside County testing.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of ironic there is also a thread on this forum for Riverside County testing.

http://www.swrnn.com/2011/05/13/rive...-800-deputies/

Yep, my assignment will be in the hat if this thing goes through. I never would have thought it could get to this point. A few years back we stood up a full-time SEB detail, a Gang Task Force and SAFE (Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement). We're now in the hole.

Someone suggested that anyone with 30 years or more should bow out (since they're essentially working for free). I've not done the math but I don't think that will matter. Someone else suggested we go "Fort Apache" and just run baseline services. I know that the criminals will definetely smell blood in the water and begin to prey on society if that happens. I feel sickened by all of this...

Nine years ago my friends and family thought I was crazy for wanting to be a deputy. They said I would make "half" of what I could in the private sector and I'd be risking my life. I came on and saved up and reaped the benefits of a "steady" job that I loved doing. Now those same people are calling King's X and wanting me to take a pay cut and to reform my pension...Pound sand.
    The Thousandth Man

Comment

This really sucks. I hope it's just a scare tactic that they are using to get us to take a pay cut. I've seen this type of thing many times, just not at this scale. This shows how ridiculous the county can be. They know they can make up the money, but won't do it. I know for a fact that there are 2 cities that are receiving free police services for 2 yrs from the county. Their contracts are supposed to be about $10 mil / yr each. I may not be the smartest at math but that looks like an extra 20 mil the county can get this year and save some jobs.

I heard they were gonna use some kind of weird formula to decide who gets the axe. Something about years on the dept, total years on the job (laterals), POST certificate and something else. We'll see how that plays out for me, I just might get axed. That sucks being married with 5 kids (2 with severe disabilities). Better check the want ads.
      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 1tyme View Post
        Yep, my assignment will be in the hat if this thing goes through. I never would have thought it could get to this point. A few years back we stood up a full-time SEB detail, a Gang Task Force and SAFE (Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement). We're now in the hole.

Someone suggested that anyone with 30 years or more should bow out (since they're essentially working for free). I've not done the math but I don't think that will matter. Someone else suggested we go "Fort Apache" and just run baseline services. I know that the criminals will definetely smell blood in the water and begin to prey on society if that happens. I feel sickened by all of this...

Nine years ago my friends and family thought I was crazy for wanting to be a deputy. They said I would make "half" of what I could in the private sector and I'd be risking my life. I came on and saved up and reaped the benefits of a "steady" job that I loved doing. Now those same people are calling King's X and wanting me to take a pay cut and to reform my pension...Pound sand.
        +1 brother.
        Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
        Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I know my brothers and sisters at RPD haven't had a contract for a few years now. Their POA is staying quiet and so is the city - both sides are riding this thing out. No cuts and no raises. I'd really like that for RSO. If they need to cut special details and go baseline status I think most deputies would oblige. Just don't lay anyone off or cut our pay and benefits. I don't know if that will work, however...We could stand to lose senior personnel to retirement and GOOD personnel to other agencies or lines of work, thus creating a serious vacuum of skill.
          The Thousandth Man

Comment

It’s sad, I have been with RSO as a Deputy for about twelve years. Now we have to pay for the Board of Supervisors bad financial planning. I am thinking a lot of the newer deputies on probations will probably be laid off first and I fell bad for them. Hell I started to look out of state for LE jobs, who knows how they are going to lay off people. With those type of layoffs we will see demotions as well. An do not forget it just not the depuites and corrections that will be laid off, support staff is in the equation as well. And you have to account for vacancies and attrition are also factored in with it. If you guys/gals get a chance watch the board of superviosrs meeting with the Sheriff. It was in early April.

The writing was on the wall several years ago with the economy turning south. I kind of thought it was a bad idea to build a jail ad extensions and hire a large amount of people. I am just a Deputy, but couple years I saw this coming with the change of events in the economy especially in California with the liberal mindset of over taxing everybody and chasing businesses out of the state. This was really bad financial planning on the part of the county. My thoughts and prayers goes out to everybody in the department.
            Last edited by deputy1999; 05-14-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

One of the deputies at my station received his "pink slip" today.

Comment

Originally posted by rolncode2892 View Post
                One of the deputies at my station received his "pink slip" today.
                Pretty much any Deputy with an I.D. number in the 4500's might get one. I don't know how they are going to work in the CD's
                Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

No one under 5000 got one here.....yet. Wasn't pink either. At least it was personally signed.

Comment

Will be back from rdo's tomorrow. I wonder if anyone's got openings for fat grumpy motorcops if I get one. I'd is mid 4200's however was rehired with the 4830 series 3 yrs ago. 5 kids, 2 with severe disabilities and wife don't work. That's gonna be devastating.

Comment

I heard from my command that Chief Deputies will make their rounds to the different bureaus to describe the situation. Anyone sit in on a Chief's briefing yet? I wonder what's next...
                      The Thousandth Man

Comment

Chief Alm will be in Perris tomorrow for W2 and W3 briefing. I'm gonna go to W2. I'll fill you in after.

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                          Chief Alm will be in Perris tomorrow for W2 and W3 briefing. I'm gonna go to W2. I'll fill you in after.
                          I'm out for a week, but if you get any info, could you PM me as well?
                          Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                          --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I heard Banning is filled to the gill with CD's and that they are running all over each other over there. Apparently they hired a bunch of non-sworn for that White Water Jail that was eventually cancelled .......unfortunately I think these guys might be getting the Axe sooner than Sworn Deputies.

I myself think this is a way for Sheriff to scare County Supervisors in giving in. I can't see them cutting 500 or 800 people just like that. I say wait until July to see what happens.
                            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

I attended one of the briefings. I found out that all ranks are susceptible to lay-offs. Those in higher rank can bump back or demote to a lower rank. So as a detective, I can demote to a corporal or deputy. Obviously the ball rolls downhill, so you could have a ripple effect. The notices that already went out were just the first wave of many to come. The proposed budget is 61 million short from last year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3890 users online. 246 members and 3644 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X