300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA County Sheriff Baca questions civil rights of immigrants

Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca has questioned the civil rights of illegal immigrants in radio remarks that have riled immigrant advocates.

Baca said in an interview on KCRW radio Thursday that illegal immigrants basically are not subject to the kinds of civil rights protections Americans are in his defense of a federal program that checks the immigration status of arrestees.

He says federal policy should decide whether someone should be deported if they haven't been convicted of a crime.

Baca's comments come as some lawmakers and law enforcement officials say the Immigration and Customs Enforcement program called Secure Communities threatens to erode immigrants' trust in police.

Baca says his office has not received such complaints.

Local immigrant advocates have criticized the remarks and defended illegal immigrants' civil rights.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2011/05/13/...PCC%3A+News%29
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Wow, I would never have expected comments, like that, from the "Social Worker with a Gun".

What have the (outer space) aliens done with the real Leroy Baca?
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 05-13-2011, 08:41 PM.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Wow, I too am surprised to hear that for him. But good for him for speaking reason and common sense.

Comment

its time- NOT fair to the people "trying to be honest" or the resident aliens who did it legit, but some folks are NOT what they seem - there is a growing # of NON US residents who are actively engangin in criminal behavior because they aren't "on the gird"- they go and get gov't aid, but don't truly pay the taxes to help support the system. They DON'T bother to follow our laws, because they have "social activists" who- hypocritically are US citizens and have no fear of the recrimination for violating federal- tell them that our laws are "racist and unjust",like driving with a valid license,Etc.....

I put the blame on the countries these folks come from- they enjoy the BENEFIT of the illegal immigrant- a person who send money home cause he/she knows they might not be able to stay in the US. These countruies that "export" suffering people could do alot more to facilitate transition of their FLEEING citizens to become legit US ciitizens,BUT those same countries KNOW that if that happened- good bye to the $$$ they "send home"...
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

For those of who really know him, it was not a surprise.
          Retired

Comment

I seem to recall previous statements to the effect that he supports the Secure Communities program. He should, because it helps ship out illegals who are arrested on a state-law charge and otherwise would clog his jails.

The article suggests that Baca believes that illegal aliens have no civil rights. I rather doubt that.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Drive through some of the areas LASO polices and see the results of the so called "Social Worker with a Gun". You will find many testimonials from crooks who got on the wrong side of his department. I wish LAPD had the same latitude. He is just clever enough to play both sides of the fence.

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
              Wow, I would never have expected comments, like that, from the "Social Worker with a Gun".

What have the (outer space) aliens done with the real Leroy Baca?

Comment

Baca's comments come as some lawmakers and law enforcement officials say the Immigration and Customs Enforcement program called Secure Communities threatens to erode immigrants' trust in police.

I am so sick of hearing this line. An immigrant in my opinion is someone who is here legally. Yes, I care how they view law enforcement. An illegal alien criminal is someone who needs to be deported the moment their status is confirmed.

I dont care if they trust me. They are criminals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4373 users online. 272 members and 4101 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X