300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Cop....No more Bad Cop

I don't know why it has taking me so long to find a way to counter all the negative news stories posted by the members here lately. When I say it feels like a kick in the n**s every time another negative thread is posted, I can only assume most feel the same. Screw that, I don't like bein' kicked in the nuts!

It hurts me to the core when I hear of copp'rs being stupid, ashamed even, and even more so when d-bags dirty laundry is aired on here for us. Then I think of some anti cop rat bastard perusing these boards and having a field day with it.

I do it for almost every article linked here on the board, particularly the "LA Times" articles, I read the freakin messages left by the zeros under the guise of "discussion". Really.....

I am going to try and post articles about good hooks, good coppr's, and of true knucklehads on their way to the cage.

Starting with this one, I liked it because it was just some copp'rs shaking the bush. At least it seems that way in the article.

Arcadia cops arrest 18-year-old, seize 8,000 ecstasy pills in traffic stop

ARCADIA - Police Wednesday announced they've arrested a Rosemead man after a traffic stop yielded 8,000 ecstasy pills.

The announcement came via a blog post.

Johnny V. Pham, 18, of Rosemead, and a juvenile passenger in his vehicle were arrested on suspicion of felony possession for sale and transportation of a controlled substance. Pham was released after a $100,000 bond was posted, officials said.

The unidentified juvenile was released to his parents, police said.

"The pills were packaged in 8 separate zip-lock bags, containing approximately 1,000 pills per bag. The total estimated street value of the pills is about $80,000," according to a post on the Arcadia Police Department's News and Information Blog.

Pham was pulled over Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. on Golden West Avenue near Huntington Drive for failing to stop at a stop sign, police said.

"During the traffic stop, officers saw what appeared to be a large zip-lock bag containing a large quantity of pills lying on the floorboard of the vehicle Pham was driving," the blog post said. "Officers conducted a search of the vehicle and found an additional seven large bags in the trunk, also containing similar pills."

Police believe the pills were ecstasy.
    The RANGER God cried from above
    Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
    Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
    It was a solem day for all Airborne
    June 2001 will be
    A tragic piece of RANGER history
    Time stood still on that cursed day
    Cuz legs were donning black berets

Excellent idea. I will try to post good articles from now on too. And, nice find.

Comment

I've always tried to post positive stories.
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Sir I applaud your attitude and efforts!

Some of the drivel posted by the anti Leo's is ......................amazing, many of their threads I won't waste my time with.
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

NAAAWWWW ! Ranger Hoot !!! They "violated those INNOCENT kids rights !!"" you know some CROOKED COPS "PLANTED" those drugs on the kids- they liive in the suburbs, they aren't hood thugs!!! HOW dare the insensitive cops bully and intimidate those innocent children of "immigrants"..... ( the comments of multiple anti police folks here in CA, including a few in the court system)

Good hook by observant coppers- sadly, Poot butt and his twinkie pud partner are gonna get probation and be at it again......

..small victories, Hoot, but victories none the less( and a few kids whose brains won't get fried by X)
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Not a whole lot better than catching Part 1 crime suspects, particularly on the "now" calls; Tense, rolling hard, coordination-containment, partners, victims, suspects, weapons, resources....

Although seeing a good RC hook only to find out later property reported stolen after hook was made rocks too.

Talk about the reason why most of us....if not all got involved in LE. Classic innocent victim of a crime preyed upon by knuckleheads.

Three burglars interrupted, arrested in separate Pasadena break-ins

Posted: 05/10/2011 10:32:19 AM PDT

PASADENA - Police arrested three people for separate home burglaries on Monday, police said.

Two female juveniles were arrested on suspicion of attempting to break into a home in in the 2000 block of Brigden Road, said Lt. Rodney D. Wallace.

The resident heard the pair trying to get through a window of the home and confronted them, Wallace said.

He was able to grab and hold one of the girls and police later arrested her and her counterpart, Wallace said.

Police later found suspected stolen goods from another home on Brigden and some from a home in the 2300 block of Queensberry Road in possession of the two girls, Wallace said.

Police also arrested Antonio Smith, a Pasadena resident, for suspected burglary of a home in the 500 block of Jackson Street, Wallace said.

A woman at the home confronted two suspects in the doorway of a downstairs bedroom. The suspects then fled the scene.

Police searched for the suspects, but were unable to find them.

Smith was later arrested after police stopped a vehicle based on a description.

It was unknown if anything was taken from the home, Wallace said. Police are still looking for the second suspect.
            The RANGER God cried from above
            Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
            Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
            It was a solem day for all Airborne
            June 2001 will be
            A tragic piece of RANGER history
            Time stood still on that cursed day
            Cuz legs were donning black berets

Comment

More positive stuff

From last week, great police work. However, it was very tragic for the victims.

3 teens charged in San Diego Craigslist killing
              BY ELLIOT SPAGAT, ASSOCIATED PRESS
              FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2011 AT 4:47 P.M.

SAN DIEGO — An 18-year-old college student died from a bullet to his chest as he chased three teens who robbed him and his girlfriend when he was buying a computer advertised on Craigslist for $600, a prosecutor said Friday.

Details of the killing emerged at an arraignment for three 17-year-old males who were charged as adults with murder, robbery and shooting at an occupied vehicle.

Superior Court Judge Joseph Brannigan entered not guilty pleas on their behalf and set bail at $5 million each - $3 million higher than the amount sought by prosecutors.

Prosecutors have said Garrett Berki died late Wednesday after he and his girlfriend met suspects Rashon Abernathy, Seandell Jones and Shaquille Jordan in San Diego to buy an Apple MacBook Pro. One teen pulled a gun and robbed the couple of cash and their cell phones, authorities said.

A car chase followed, with Berki pursuing the assailants on a freeway and city streets before he was shot as he tried to box them in on a dead-end street, prosecutor Kristian Trocha told reporters. Abernathy is suspected of firing a single shot from the back seat, shattering Berki's windshield, Trocha said.

Police said Berki, a San Diego community college student, was trying to read his assailants' license plate during the pursuit. Officers found him slumped over the steering wheel, and he died less than an hour later at a hospital.

All three suspects were arrested within minutes of the shooting, hiding in back yards after crashing their car in a cul-de-sac about two blocks from the shooting scene, authorities said.

Patricia Dykes, Jordan's mother, told reporters her son was "hurting" because someone got killed. She said he was a straight-A student preparing to graduate from high school. She emphasized that he was not accused of pulling the trigger.

"He told me he's going to write a letter to the (victim's) family that he's sorry for whatever happened, but that he didn't ... do anything violent to anyone," Dykes said.

Shearese Johnson, the mother of Jones, said her son didn't kill anyone and called the charges unfair. Jones is suspected of being the getaway driver after the robbery.

"All I'm going to say is I love my son, and I'm here, and this just isn't fair," Johnson said.

If convicted, the three teens could face maximum sentences of life in prison, prosecutors said.

Trocha told reporters all three were equally responsible for the death, even though Abernathy is the only one accused of firing a gun.

"All of them participated in the robbery. The murder was part of this robbery in trying to escape," Trocha said. "It's as if they pulled the trigger themselves."

Trocha said all three defendants were gang members - a claim met with skepticism by the two mothers.

Kevin Milmoe, a public defender, said Abernathy and Jordan had no criminal record.

The judge said he would appoint a public defender for each of the three teens.

The Associated Press
              "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                Sir I applaud your attitude and efforts!

Some of the drivel posted by the anti Leo's is ......................amazing, many of their threads I won't waste my time with.
                What's really sad is that some of the anti-LEO stories posted here are posted by current or former LEOs. I wonder why they hate their jobs and co-workers so much as to go out of their way to bring negative issues to light and perpuate a negative issue of our profession. Just bitter has-beens who couldn't hack it, maybe.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

From the Santa Clarita Signal Crime Blotter:
                  http://www.the-signal.com/section/36/article/44947/

1:05 a.m. Dalbey Drive and Newhall Avenue. A 22-year-old Valencia man was arrested for being drunk in public after deputies spotted the man “hugging, kissing and rubbing a tree.”

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!!!!
                  "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

I read this thread at 5 am today and I have yet to find a positive article to post here. Funny how many good acts are done on a daily basis by our brother's and sisters in LE yet the media etc are quick to point out the negative. Of course this is in every aspect of our society when reporting the news.

I always wondered if more heart felt stories were told, positive stories lead the news; if we (people) would change/expect better from ourselves. Who knows
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Unfortunately even supervisors frequently fail to give officers and deputies credit when they do good work. I guess the public finds it more interesting when errors are committed than when the job is done correctly. Are we (the community) spoiled or what?
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                        Unfortunately even supervisors frequently fail to give officers and deputies credit when they do good work.
                        Excellent point and very, very true.

I've known officers who have been involved in Medal of Valor type of incidents and they didn't even receive a verbal or written "atta boy". Most of the time it had something to do with them not being an admin "favorite" or they were embroiled in some sort of department nonsense.
                        Ignore List----DAL

"but I warranty you that I’ll be a better candidate than a kid that just got out of high school and self-sponsor himself."...Just another brain surgeon who's looking for a cop job on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                          Unfortunately even supervisors frequently fail to give officers and deputies credit when they do good work. I guess the public finds it more interesting when errors are committed than when the job is done correctly. Are we (the community) spoiled or what?
                          Are you sure you aren't my beat partner?
                          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

One of my last accomplishments as a supervisor was the successful lobbying for two of our officers to receive the Medal of Valor. They deserved it without any question, but "political correctness" delayed the award for more than two years. Other officers were supposed to receive written commendations for their roles in the same incident, but they never received them. I still feel bad about that, especially after I'd told them the department was going to recognize their contributions.
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Good cop video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWdxF5AZqI
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6137 users online. 339 members and 5798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X