300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrance PD

Anyone testing with Torrance PD at the end of May or has recently tested with them?

I was recently in the hiring process with them this year. I took the video scenario exam, written exam, P.A.T., oral interview, and pre-investigative background interview. I made their eligibility list which expired in April of 2011. I probably won't test with them again. Great department but many other departments are hiring now. What would you like to know?

Comment

Hey Future! Seems like you and I are all over the place! Anyway, I am taking my written test with them the 26th of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
        Hey Future! Seems like you and I are all over the place! Anyway, I am taking my written test with them the 26th of this month.
        Hell yea LAbert! The more places we apply to, the more likely we'll get hired. Did you test with Garden Grove?

Comment

Camelotskin, when did you originally test with them? Since their eligibility list expired back in April, does that mean that they are still testing in May? On the website it no longer lists Police Recruit under the list of city jobs hiring, but I've been on their testing list since January or February.
          Last edited by FutureLEO77; 05-12-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I tested with them in the summer of 2010. Had my pre-investigative interview with them back in October 2010 (I was Band I). About 30 days later, the city council passed a massive multi-million dollar budget cut and I assumed the recruitment was over. Then ended up testing more recruits late in 2010 or early 2011, so I guess you were in that batch. Not sure what they did that for, I don't think they are going to hire any of you. I am not trying to be a downer, just be realistic about the prospects. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
              Hell yea LAbert! The more places we apply to, the more likely we'll get hired. Did you test with Garden Grove?
              No. Had no idea they were hiring. I do have another wirtten test with UC Riverside PD this Saturday. Had no idea the UC system had their own PD until I came across their website.

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
                No. Had no idea they were hiring. I do have another wirtten test with UC Riverside PD this Saturday. Had no idea the UC system had their own PD until I came across their website.
                I had no idea UC Riverside PD was hiring. I heard. SDSU PD was though

Comment

Originally posted by Prospective View Post
                  I tested with them in the summer of 2010. Had my pre-investigative interview with them back in October 2010 (I was Band I). About 30 days later, the city council passed a massive multi-million dollar budget cut and I assumed the recruitment was over. Then ended up testing more recruits late in 2010 or early 2011, so I guess you were in that batch. Not sure what they did that for, I don't think they are going to hire any of you. I am not trying to be a downer, just be realistic about the prospects. Best of luck to you.
                  I talked to their back ground guy on the phone a little while ago. He said that they were still hiring, but never mentioned anything about a large budget cut....

Comment

FutureLEO77, I had to look at my paperwork from TPD and I actually took the written test in late October 2010. I haven't been on their website but I am sure they are testing again if that's what you were told. When I had my Pre Background Interview they were trying to get one recruit in the LASD March or April 2011 Academy...at least that's what they told me. It's a tough department to get into. Most people don't get passed the Pre Background Interview if they even make it that far. Hopefully you can work some magic with them, but you have to make Band 1 to even have a chance. You also mentioned that you are testing with UCR PD so check UCLA PD's website because they are accepting applications as well.

Comment

Took the video exam yesterday. It was funny/entertaining how the video was soooo 80's! Didn't take the POST test since i submitted my t-score from another department's test. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Im taking the video test tomorrow. When you submitted your T-score, did you fax it or hand it to them when you got there?

Comment

I called HR and they told me you can either fax it, or send it via e-mail. I e-mailed it to them. If you need the email address, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Comment

Thanks, they got my fax, so I'm good to go with just the video test tomorrow.

Comment

Cool. The video exam was actually kind of fun. So is the PAT after the written? Because I though I heard it was the oral board.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5787 users online. 345 members and 5442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X