300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here work for Inglewood P.D.

Anybody that works for Inglewood P.D. either as a reserve or full time officer please PM me. I have a few questions to ask you......thanks
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Are they hiring?

Comment

I don't know but they are looking for reserves.
      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Inglewood always up to no good.

Sorry

Comment

I think they are currently in competition with Burbank to see who can be under a federal consent decree first.....
          "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by bigcitypolice06 View Post
            I think they are currently in competition with Burbank to see who can be under a federal consent decree first.....
            Ouch!!! I see them "once in awhile" ( and I mean that- they are ALWAYS BUSY- if you see them ,thats only cuz they are code 6 on a suspect or call- definitely a perpetual motion dept, with little or no "down time"!) after that spate of ugly( bad) shootings, they were training on de-escalation tactics ALOT at the LAX vacant housing spots used by LAPD/LAX and other local agencies. IPD- is a good dept- pay is okay( recruits make only $3k/mo while in the academy),salary is like $54K/yr to $75K/yr before raises, OT,, internal promotions .their #s hover between 160-220- don't know how the economy hit their current #s, but i know they get a BIG turn out( from locals to folks travelling from the OC and the IE to test for them) They still hold their rep as a Kick *** dept

the city is really trying to yuppy up- they are battling the stubborn gang problem there, and the businesses and shops are slowly triny got come back. the bright spot was they finally tore out the plague that was the "bottoms" and put in nice shopping along Century blvd. want to see how they handle the hollywood race track( potential for a major housing tract to bring in more middle class families and businesses)

with this economy, and alot of Pre service folks from the academies that came along at the start of this economic downturn, expect alot of competition for an IPD position. IPD can be choosey and they send people to LASD STARS,rio Hondo Academy, and I think OCSD and Golden west academies are accepted. Be in shape, have an min. of an AA/AS, and bi-lingual( primarily spanish) helps.
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
              Ouch!!! I see them "once in awhile" ( and I mean that- they are ALWAYS BUSY- if you see them ,thats only cuz they are code 6 on a suspect or call- definitely a perpetual motion dept, with little or no "down time"!) after that spate of ugly( bad) shootings, they were training on de-escalation tactics ALOT at the LAX vacant housing spots used by LAPD/LAX and other local agencies. IPD- is a good dept- pay is okay( recruits make only $3k/mo while in the academy),salary is like $54K/yr to $75K/yr before raises, OT,, internal promotions .their #s hover between 160-220- don't know how the economy hit their current #s, but i know they get a BIG turn out( from locals to folks travelling from the OC and the IE to test for them) They still hold their rep as a Kick *** dept

the city is really trying to yuppy up- they are battling the stubborn gang problem there, and the businesses and shops are slowly triny got come back. the bright spot was they finally tore out the plague that was the "bottoms" and put in nice shopping along Century blvd. want to see how they handle the hollywood race track( potential for a major housing tract to bring in more middle class families and businesses)

with this economy, and alot of Pre service folks from the academies that came along at the start of this economic downturn, expect alot of competition for an IPD position. IPD can be choosey and they send people to LASD STARS,rio Hondo Academy, and I think OCSD and Golden west academies are accepted. Be in shape, have an min. of an AA/AS, and bi-lingual( primarily spanish) helps.
              I agree they are a very busy very proactive, and over all a pretty hardcore department, but they have some serious political issues to face. I worked the area as a 911 EMT, and got to interact with the officers there quite a bit, at the time they had more than their fair share of shootings and gangsters to deal with....
              "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

I see they have a newer female police chief... I guess she is liked? I read an article on her and they were talking about how she would go out with the SWAT team on raids and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                  I see they have a newer female police chief... I guess she is liked? I read an article on her and they were talking about how she would go out with the SWAT team on raids and such.
                  her boss and "mentor" was my former boss, James Butts. from what I've heard she's an "office suit". but she is chief, and she is holding her own- haven't heard alot of grumbling from the few IPD guys I see near me on duty.(*grumbling ain't smart anyway in a small city, especially when the economy is in the crapper..)
                  "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

her boss and "mentor" was my former boss, James Butts. from what I've heard she's an "office suit". but she is chief, and she is holding her own- haven't heard alot of grumbling from the few IPD guys I see near me on duty.(*grumbling ain't smart anyway in a small city, especially when the economy is in the crapper..)
                    Hah... cool... Inglewood doesn't strike me as a city that needs a soft touch approach.

Comment

Reserves:

http://www.cityofinglewood.org/civic...sp?blobID=6717

Further Information: (310) 412-5236

Comment

What is a Personal Qualifications Essay.....is this there written test.

Comment

Never mind I just looked it up........**** I assume I have to write free hand. What happened to the old check the box tests.

Comment

Chief Seabrooks

Formerly with Santa Monica PD too.
                            Attached Files
                            Timelines:

CBPO
                            App: 2/12/09
                            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                            Written: 2/20/09
                            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                            App: 5/5/09
                            Geo: San Diego
                            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                            NOR: 7/20/09
                            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                            TO: 10/6/09
                            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                            App: 8/17/10
                            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

They just hired a new City Manager.
                              http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/14...anager-resigns

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3354 users online. 206 members and 3148 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X