Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District B 13
    replied
    Never had a problem with trigger pull/trigger control on the Glocks that were issued. Seems to be a TRAINING thing.

Leave a comment:

• bcowarrior
    replied
    By any chance does anyone here know what the On-duty carry policy of Pasadena Police is? This past weekend I saw a Pasadena motor officer carrying what appeared to be a 1911.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
    A couple of classmates of mine from Santa Cruz had issued ones with increased trigger pulls. I used the G22 myself, but they had painful trigger pulls. The SO must have done something to them.

That's a dangerous thing to do is use extra trigger pull as a safety enhancement. It’s funny to watch someone accustomed to a 7+ pull shoot something more reasonable and the gun goes off before they want it to, but that’s how accidents happen as well.
    In 1990, when we first went to Glocks from revolvers, some old gomers who weren't gun guys and pretty much had no business making any decisions about firearms decreed that we would have the eight pound triggers because it could help prevent NDs. Never mind that if someone has their finger on the trigger and gets scared, trips and falls or does something else where he tightens his grip in response, it's going to be with a lot more force than any trigger spring ever made.

Thank goodness that smarter people finally prevailed.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    What do the recent posts have to do with the title of the thread?

Leave a comment:

• 4FTTY4
    replied
    Failure drills are fine, I would rather have a rifle or a shotgun and slugs.

Leave a comment:

• avalon42
    replied
    post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• squad51
    replied
    Originally posted by 4FTTY4 View Post
    We got the standard triggers back last year. Night sights are approved but you have to buy them yourself. Issued long gun is semi-auto mp5 9mm and one magazine. God help you if need more rounds or encounter someone with armor.
    30 rounds of 9mm can do a lot of damage especially comming out of an MP5...go for a failure drill two body and 1 head..

Leave a comment:

• 4FTTY4
    replied
    We got the standard triggers back last year. Night sights are approved but you have to buy them yourself. Issued long gun is semi-auto mp5 9mm and one magazine. God help you if need more rounds or encounter someone with armor.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
    A couple of classmates of mine from Santa Cruz had issued ones with increased trigger pulls. I used the G22 myself, but they had painful trigger pulls. The SO must have done something to them.

That's a dangerous thing to do is use extra trigger pull as a safety enhancement. It’s funny to watch someone accustomed to a 7+ pull shoot something more reasonable and the gun goes off before they want it to, but that’s how accidents happen as well.
    I don't know if it is still offered, but the "New York Trigger" on Glocks has an 8-lb pull.

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    You have a choice of any Glock 22 or any Glock 22 with night sights. Tac lights are approved.

Leave a comment:

• District B 13
    replied
    Don't forget you can also carry a Glock 22 if you prefer.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
    On the topic of approved duty weapons. Does Santa Cruz Co. SO have a specific approved duty weapon?
    You have a choice of any Glock 22 or any Glock 22 with night sights. Tac lights are approved.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    Nope. The issue pistol is the only one they can carry on duty.
    Except for backup weapons.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyFan87
    replied
    On the topic of approved duty weapons. Does Santa Cruz Co. SO have a specific approved duty weapon?

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Nope. The issue pistol is the only one they can carry on duty.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4901 users online. 316 members and 4585 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X