Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP List of on-duty approved firearms?

I know the standard issued duty weapon for CHP Officers is currently the Smith & Wesson Model 4006 TSW. However, I was curious if there is also a list of approved duty weapons officers may carry as well?

Nope. The issue pistol is the only one they can carry on duty.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

On the topic of approved duty weapons. Does Santa Cruz Co. SO have a specific approved duty weapon?
      Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
        Nope. The issue pistol is the only one they can carry on duty.
        Except for backup weapons.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
          On the topic of approved duty weapons. Does Santa Cruz Co. SO have a specific approved duty weapon?
          You have a choice of any Glock 22 or any Glock 22 with night sights. Tac lights are approved.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Don't forget you can also carry a Glock 22 if you prefer.
            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
              You have a choice of any Glock 22 or any Glock 22 with night sights. Tac lights are approved.
              A couple of classmates of mine from Santa Cruz had issued ones with increased trigger pulls. I used the G22 myself, but they had painful trigger pulls. The SO must have done something to them.

That's a dangerous thing to do is use extra trigger pull as a safety enhancement. It’s funny to watch someone accustomed to a 7+ pull shoot something more reasonable and the gun goes off before they want it to, but that’s how accidents happen as well.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                A couple of classmates of mine from Santa Cruz had issued ones with increased trigger pulls. I used the G22 myself, but they had painful trigger pulls. The SO must have done something to them.

That's a dangerous thing to do is use extra trigger pull as a safety enhancement. It’s funny to watch someone accustomed to a 7+ pull shoot something more reasonable and the gun goes off before they want it to, but that’s how accidents happen as well.
                I don't know if it is still offered, but the "New York Trigger" on Glocks has an 8-lb pull.

Comment

We got the standard triggers back last year. Night sights are approved but you have to buy them yourself. Issued long gun is semi-auto mp5 9mm and one magazine. God help you if need more rounds or encounter someone with armor.

Comment

Originally posted by 4FTTY4 View Post
                    We got the standard triggers back last year. Night sights are approved but you have to buy them yourself. Issued long gun is semi-auto mp5 9mm and one magazine. God help you if need more rounds or encounter someone with armor.
                    30 rounds of 9mm can do a lot of damage especially comming out of an MP5...go for a failure drill two body and 1 head..
                    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Failure drills are fine, I would rather have a rifle or a shotgun and slugs.

Comment

What do the recent posts have to do with the title of the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post

In 1990, when we first went to Glocks from revolvers, some old gomers who weren't gun guys and pretty much had no business making any decisions about firearms decreed that we would have the eight pound triggers because it could help prevent NDs. Never mind that if someone has their finger on the trigger and gets scared, trips and falls or does something else where he tightens his grip in response, it's going to be with a lot more force than any trigger spring ever made.

Thank goodness that smarter people finally prevailed.

Comment

By any chance does anyone here know what the On-duty carry policy of Pasadena Police is? This past weekend I saw a Pasadena motor officer carrying what appeared to be a 1911.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7007 users online. 365 members and 6642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X