300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central-North Cal

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows of departments hiring from mid to Northern California. I've gone to numerous websites and called up a lot of departments, but a LOT of them seem to not be hiring, or only hiring laterals. I've been told at most places that they're not even hiring for reservists. So I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any departments from around central CA, or Nothern CA that are hiring for recruit. Either a PD or an SO. Any response would be much appreciated.
    Press hard, you're making 4 copies.

I put in for a job announcement in usajobs for USVA Police in San Francisco. Starting pay for GS-5 is 52,000.
    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I dont know of anyone, PD or SO that are hiring. Most agencies are facing lay-offs or are still recovering from last years lay-offs and possibly facing even more. Everyone is holding their breath to see if the tax extensions pass or not. In fact, I know Fresno City College is canceling academy classes also. No more night academy from what Im being told. Give it a few more weeks. July 1 is when everyones new fiscal year starts over. Or close to that date. I dont think your going to find anyone hiring this late in the fiscal year. Most Cen Cal agencies are gearing up for budget hearings with their respective governments. So I would highly doubt anyone is hiring. Maybe taking apps, but not hiring. Im thinking there will be a lot of current officers out looking for jobs from what I am hearing about the state of many budgets. And Im not exempt from possibly being one of them.
      Last edited by FlyingPig1; 05-07-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Not sure if they have closed the positions, but I heard Richmond, Emeryille and Alameda PD's were taking apps for entry levels. Not sure if they still are.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I'd be surprised to see anyone hiring entry level when hundreds of officers are being laid off. San Jose PD is laying off anywhere from 100 to 200+, Oakland is laying off another 80, lots of other agencies are doing so as well.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Did you test with us? We just closed our testing cycles and it wasn't because of the budget, it is because we are nearing our goals for our staffing levels.
            semper destravit

Comment

Government reacts slowly. While the private sector is finally adding jobs, the government sector is cutting them. Tax revenues also lag the recovery.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

BART PD and East Bay Regional Parks PD are hiring entry level recruit. Don't know of any norcal agencies hiring recruits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4265 users online. 265 members and 4000 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X