Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poloice break windows and arrest activists who refuse to comply at checkpoint

This was a planned protest that the activists videotaped.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/es...tml?mode=video
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Those "Adam Henry's" had it coming to them.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...idewalk-lawyer!
      Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

It's too bad they couldn't break his face. Can't stand these new age retards. What's the purpose of the sobriety check point? How dumb are you.

Comment

I don't think one should have to read every thread to figure out what it is about. The title of that thread does not appear to relate to a car stopped at a vehicle checkpoint.

Comment

I deal with idiots like this all the time while working at the immigration checkpoint my station operates. They are truly losers of the highest order.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
              I deal with idiots like this all the time while working at the immigration checkpoint my station operates. They are truly losers of the highest order.
              I would like to see them try the same thing in Mexico.

Comment

hopefully someone will post the outcome of this, i'd like to know if the DA files charges.

When we first started doing sobiriety checkpoints I thought it was on shaky legal ground but by now I would have to assume the legality of this has been taken all the way to the Supremes and been upheld.
                Originally posted by FJDave
                GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Dal,
                  How did you come to the conclusion that they are activists? Besides not being well versed in law, they plainly went with the intention of disrupting police operations. Ignored requests for drivers license and to lower the window. This isn't activism, this is making a mockery of legal police operations in order to gain their 15 minutes of fame.
                  GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                    Dal,
                    How did you come to the conclusion that they are activists? Besides not being well versed in law, they plainly went with the intention of disrupting police operations. Ignored requests for drivers license and to lower the window. This isn't activism, this is making a mockery of legal police operations in order to gain their 15 minutes of fame.
                    They may not be very organized or informed, but the most logical explanation is that they are seeking to challenge and call attention to what they consider abuse by law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                      hopefully someone will post the outcome of this, i'd like to know if the DA files charges.

When we first started doing sobiriety checkpoints I thought it was on shaky legal ground but by now I would have to assume the legality of this has been taken all the way to the Supremes and been upheld.
                      I believe it has. Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz, 496 U.S. 444 (1990).

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        They may not be very organized or informed, but the most logical explanation is that they are seeking to challenge and call attention to what they consider abuse by law enforcement.
                        Dal,
                        Southern California is rampant with illegal immigrants that drive with out insurance, or drivers license, as well as citizens and legal residents that do the same. Having a safty/sobriety check point is not abusing the law as it is enforcing laws in a more larger scale. California DL do have the requirement to surrender your license upon request from law enforcement. Their actions were not activist in any more, but more antagonist in all forms. There are better ways to change things, but being an antagonist is not one of them, especially when looking to be confrontational with law enforcement. Their actions were not innocent by any means, and has been mentioned before the use of check points is not a violation of anyones rights as decided by the courts.
                        GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

great job by the officers for remaining calm and collected. handled in the most professional way.

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                            Dal,
                            Southern California is rampant with illegal immigrants that drive with out insurance, or drivers license, as well as citizens and legal residents that do the same. Having a safty/sobriety check point is not abusing the law as it is enforcing laws in a more larger scale. California DL do have the requirement to surrender your license upon request from law enforcement. Their actions were not activist in any more, but more antagonist in all forms. There are better ways to change things, but being an antagonist is not one of them, especially when looking to be confrontational with law enforcement. Their actions were not innocent by any means, and has been mentioned before the use of check points is not a violation of anyones rights as decided by the courts.
                            You seem to equate being an activist with being innocent. I don't. Furthermore, I never suggested in any way that checkpoints were illegal. To the contrary, you might have noticed that I posted Supreme Court authority upholding them.

And having lived in Southern California for 35 years, as well as being a LEO, I am well aware of the large number of illegal immigrants here. Indeed, I have arrested and towed the cars of quite a few of them.

We have quite a few activists who do illegal things knowing they are illegal, seeking to draw attention to their cause. They get arrested. Unfortunately, they are not prosecuted as often as they should be.
                            Last edited by DAL; 05-07-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDEMT View Post
                              great job by the officers for remaining calm and collected. handled in the most professional way.
                              True. They showed quite a bit of patience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4405 users online. 216 members and 4189 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X