Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riding trains, subways & buses in Los Angeles--opinions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding trains, subways & buses in Los Angeles--opinions?

Thoughts on using public transit in LA? I'm considering using it regularly for my work commute and would appreciate any feedback on this, particularly from the deps/cops who have experience working there. I typically have the usual sheep work-week: M-F, 9-5.

Thanks in advance for all replies.
    “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
    -Chief Wiggum

which lines were you considering ?

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
      which lines were you considering ?
      I would be taking a subway to Union Station, then boarding a W/B bus (a bit vague, I know....)
      -Chief Wiggum

Comment

PM sent....

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
          PM sent....
          Copy--thanks again.
          -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Not to bad. I rode the train to work before getting into law enforcement and never had any issues. Just make sure you plan ahead, especially on the trains, they do run on time for the most part but you never know. PM me and I will tell you more
            I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

have rode the green line and blue line before ( off duty to try it as "Alternative transport" and one time on a surveillance- yeah we stretched that one, but it was fun) NOT bad and it appears, that even with the knuckle head populace, the trains are relatively clean and safe- buses are still scroungy, but they get by with minor problems like the trains.too damn bad big oil and the auto industry wooed Californians AWAY from the idea of public transit.But that was more than 50+ yrs ago( many of the "planners of our future" are either feeble or dead now)

Plan ahead- be early, and take the long rides( if any, as time to relax and focus,til you get to where you want to be)
              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Lets just say that I would avoid the Red Line like the plague.....and ALL of the trains/buses ect after dark.
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

LADEP, did you mean BLUE line ?

Comment

The red line is not so bad. It can be faster than driving if you are traveling to or from Downtown. It is relatively clean. The northern part of the Gold Line is OK, but it's slow.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

So plan ahead, avoid the buses, and don’t go riding after dark. Copy.

Very helpful, thank you to everyone for your replies.
                      -Chief Wiggum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3811 users online. 204 members and 3607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X