300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another San Bernardino deputy arrested for sex with teen

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputy was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of having sex with a 17-year-old girl.

Anthony Benjamin was booked in the West Valley Detention Center on two sex counts with a person under 18. He was released after posting bail.

Investigators said the teen is a member of the sheriff's Explorer Scout program, which Benjamin was a supervisor of.

"The actual crime itself occurred while the deputy was actually on patrol," San Bernardino Sheriff Rod Hoops said.

It's the second time in just over two weeks that a San Bernardino sheriff's deputy has been arrested for having sex with a teen.

On April 22, Deputy Nathan Gastineau was arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 16-year-old Redlands girl.

Gastineau was in charge of the Explorer program at the sheriff's station in Highland.

In both cases, the alleged sex acts occurred during ride-alongs.

"As the sheriff of San Bernardino County and as a parent myself, it's very disheartening," Hoops said. "I am alarmed to the fact that this is the second deputy sheriff that has had these allegations against them."

The youth law enforcement program allows young men and women the opportunity to train and ride-along with deputies.

Hoops said he has ordered a review of the program and has suspended all ride-alongs for the next 60 days.

"We are going to be looking at everything from training, evaluation, selection of the people involved in the explorer program," he said.

(Copyright ©2011 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
    Article: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rticle-8115284

=/
    Consistency isn't always good. Especially if you are consistently wrong.
    Certified Private Pilot

Things sure are weird on the LEFT coast....

"The youth law enforcement program allows young men and women the opportunity to train and ride-along with deputies."

The term training refers to the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies as a result of the teaching of vocational or practical skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies.

"A ride-along is an arrangement for a civilian to spend a shift in the passenger seat of a police car, ...."

Combined, the deputy probably got confused and thought he was supposed to provide a setting for the explorer to acquire skills and compentencies useful in the "back seat of a car".
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Very upsetting to those of us who hold the agency and the sheriff in high regard. Sheriff Hoops and I worked closely together when he was a deputy back in the early 70's. He is a good and fair man, and I know how much these types of incidents personally affect him. He has done a lot to professionalize his personnel and to try and eliminate the "good ol' boy network" of the past.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Last edited by Kimo; 01-01-2019, 11:35 AM.
        knowledge equals confidence

Comment

Wow, not the type of "ride-a-long" I've been on. I guess I'm trying to get on with the wrong department.
          Originally Posted by Law100
          Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Well first of all these are allegations.......even the sheriff stated as so. I just hope he was not arrested just based on the allegations alone without no other evidence. It seems some agencies book individuals on just the allegations alone when it comes to cases involving minors.

We had a local teacher a few years ago that was accused having a sexual relationship with a female student. He was arrested and booked in the county jail. His booking photograph was on all the local news stations. The agency handling the case was a small department. Well it turned out upon further investigation that the girl LIED. Here they arrested a teacher and had his face all over the news all because of an allegation. No physical evidence and no pretext call just the allegations alone. I don't know what evidence they have but I hope its more than just some teenage girl stating so.

I had this one case where a female said she was ganged rape by two male Hispanics. After an hour into the interview I could tell she was lying about something because her story kept changing plus she had refused to go to the hospital for a rape kit exam. She finally admitted to lying about the whole thing and confessed to having sex with two guys she met at a party. It turned out that her husband was out of town and her mother in law found her underwear with semen on them. So she told her mother in law she had been raped. Well she had to follow through with her lie so called us to make a report and I got stuck with that case.
            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Very sad, had he committed the offense in a dozen other states, like NY it wouldn't bee a crime. Not saying it's right, but there needs to be some standardization of laws throughout the country. Lets start with firearms. Your not a felon, good character, you get a gun. Age for crimes like the deputy was accused of should be standardized at 17 or 18. While we are at it, standardize the legal drinking age, etc etc....

I could go on and on, but you all get the picture.
              Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post
                Well first of all these are allegations.......even the sheriff stated as so. I just hope he was not arrested just based on the allegations alone without no other evidence. It seems some agencies book individuals on just the allegations alone when it comes to cases involving minors.

We had a local teacher a few years ago that was accused having a sexual relationship with a female student. He was arrested and booked in the county jail. His booking photograph was on all the local news stations. The agency handling the case was a small department. Well it turned out upon further investigation that the girl LIED. Here they arrested a teacher and had his face all over the news all because of an allegation. No physical evidence and no pretext call just the allegations alone. I don't know what evidence they have but I hope its more than just some teenage girl stating so.

I had this one case where a female said she was ganged rape by two male Hispanics. After an hour into the interview I could tell she was lying about something because her story kept changing plus she had refused to go to the hospital for a rape kit exam. She finally admitted to lying about the whole thing and confessed to having sex with two guys she met at a party. It turned out that her husband was out of town and her mother in law found her underwear with semen on them. So she told her mother in law she had been raped. Well she had to follow through with her lie so called us to make a report and I got stuck with that case.
                that craps happens all the time. Hopefully instead of doing the sex assault report you did the false reporting one.

Comment

post deleted
                  Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

This is what happens when you get rid of the sheep out of San Bernadino. Cops get bored ya know?

Seriously there is nomore a tendancy for this to happen in any particular agency. Even if its true.
                    Originally posted by FJDave
                    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
                      that craps happens all the time. Hopefully instead of doing the sex assault report you did the false reporting one.
                      I had a lady come in the PD to file a rape report. I had some information before talking to her, so I new it was boogus. Her parolee bf put her up to it to get another guy in trouble..... I sat her down had her tell her whole story for over an hour did the intire interview. At the end I had her stand up turn around, put the clacks on and walked her into our jail for false police report.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6362 users online. 373 members and 5989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X