X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAXPD finally gets 830.1 status

http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/bill...%3A00&vds=1002

Measure: AB 1377 (Butler): Peace officers: airport law enforcement.
    Date: 05/03/11
    Motion: Do pass.
    Result: 5-2 (PASS)

Ayes - 5Ammiano, Hagman, Hill, Mitchell, Skinner
    Noes - 2Cedillo, Knight
    Absent, Abstention or Not Voting - 0

AB 1377 (Butler)
    Peace officers: airport law enforcement.
    Existing law establishes categories of peace officers with varying powers and authority to make arrests and carry firearms. Existing law provides that a person who is employed as an airport law enforcement officer is a peace officer whose authority extends to any place in the state for the purpose of enforcing the law in or about the properties owned, operated, and administered by the peace officerÂ’s employing agency or when making an arrest if there is immediate danger to person or property or of an escape of the perpetrator of an offense. Existing law authorizes this category of peace officer to carry firearms only if he or she is so authorized by the peace officerÂ’s employing agency.
    This bill would place an airport law enforcement officer regularly employed by the Los Angeles World Airports within a different category of peace officers whose authority extends to any place in the state without the above restrictions as to arrest powers and with the authority to carry specified firearms.
    This bill would make legislative findings and declarations as to the necessity of a special statute for the City of Los Angeles relating to law enforcement at the Los Angeles International Airport.

Outstanding!!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Here is AB1377 in its entirety:

AB 1377
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

^^^
        thanks SgtCHP

Comment

This has been long overdue. I trained with a few cadets at the academy who were sponsored by LAXPD. Yes, they are actual officers and deserved this status a long time ago. You would expect a fellow peace officer, especially in the same state, to not be so disrespectful or ignorant as to make such an uneducated comment about LAXPD. Might as well call LA County PD (and I personally know all the story about them) not peace officers as well, in that case. Both agencies have my highest respect as I've dealth with both of them.
          Indeed, long overdue.
          Stupidity should always be free.

Comment

The vote seems to be a committee vote in the assembly. For a bill to pass, it has to pass the full assembly and the senate, and be signed by the governor.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Thats outstanding!! Im an LAPD officer and ive been assigned to the LAX airport substation for the last 10 years. This was long overdue. Im very happy for my brother and sister LAXPD officers.

Comment

I am certain that LAXPD are busier than a lot of PDs (if not most) in California.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4794 users online. 301 members and 4493 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X