300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contra Costa County Sheriff's Dept.

Anybody familiar with this agency? I'm scheduled for a written test in a couple of weeks. Are Deputies able to choose where they work in the county?

Detentions for a good amount of time at first. It's on the main page. The academy is no joke. They test every six months and the lists expires every six months.

-

I applied 6 months ago, along with 400 other folks. They were planning on hiring four. I ended up expiring on the eligible list with a score of 93. Good luck.
    Last edited by X1X1X1; 05-04-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Very good dept....lots of duty stations ie corrections, courts and patrol.

Everyone starts out at the jail....and all roads lead back!
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes, I did read that all boots are sent to the jails to learn in a "controlled" environment. I was talking about after a jail tour.

Comment

Out of about the forty people I got hired with and worked with, I think maybe ten are still there and the rest of us went to greener pastures.

Comment

They're taking a 15% pay cut. But if you don't have a job already then I guess it wouldn't matter. When they say you start at the jail they aren't kidding. I have less than 5 yrs on the job but the guys working intake now are the same as when I started.

Comment

Afternoon folks. Does anybody know how to have my POST score submitted to a different department than the one I tested at? I tested for Sacramento County right before the hiring freeze in October, and I want to give thoses scores to Contra Costa. The folks at POST are less than forthcoming with that info.

Thanks!
              "It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't" - Martin Van Buren

Comment

By saying "POST score" do you mean "T Score"?

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy View Post
                  By saying "POST score" do you mean "T Score"?
                  Yes I do. Sorry, I should have specified.
                  "It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't" - Martin Van Buren

Comment

Itchy...lol, love the Avatar. "Give me paw!!"

classic.

Comment

I figured it out. I had to call the department I originally tested for, and they provided me a copy with my scores on their letterhead.

...I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Comment

Talking it out to yourself is good practice for FTO. Many trainee questions can be answered by thinking about the resources available to them. ("How do you spell your name T.O.?" "It would be on my name tag." And no, he did not pass FTO.)

Comment

Just completed/passed the agility test. Interview is this week. Excited! Who else tested this weekend?

Comment

Hey guys...so I tested with Contra Costa back in May. About a month later I got an email saying that they are not offering employment at this time but my name will be on the eligible list for six months. This also happened the last time I applied with them and I heard nothing from them so I re-applied....Fast forward to today and I get an email saying that my name has been referred to the Sheriff's Department for employment and that I will be scheduled for an interview (I already passed an oral board back in May). I am hoping this is good news for me?? Or did you guys get this email as well?? This is my 3rd time I have tested with CoCo and this is the first time I got an email like this. Man I hope this means something (CROSSING FINGERS)

Comment

Got the "thanks, but no thanks" letter also followed by the referral email today. Weird. Not sure what to think at this point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3138 users online. 170 members and 2968 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X