Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked up pay schedules and an Investigvator for the DA's office shows top step of 6100 per month. That cant be right. DA investigators are promotional positions for detectives, how are they gonna get people to apply at that low a salary?

OC DA's pay over 10,000 per month.

Does anybody know any LA DA Inv's?
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

And you wonder why OC is always hovering near bankruptcy....10K a month?? Wow!!! That is like LT pay on my department.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
        OC DA's pay over 10,000 per month.
        Per the county website an OC DA Investigator tops out at $103,752 or $8646/month. They start at $81,036 or $6753/month.

S1 52 03 S D N N 8646 6753 $49.88 $38.96 03 P-09A DISTRICT ATTORNEY INVESTIGATOR

http://egov.ocgov.com/vgnfiles/ocgov...611.pdf%20.pdf

You must have their pay confused with the guys/gals with the JD's.

Comment

Originally posted by hbliam View Post
          Per the county website an OC DA Investigator tops out at $103,752 or $8646/month. They start at $81,036 or $6753/month.

S1 52 03 S D N N 8646 6753 $49.88 $38.96 03 P-09A DISTRICT ATTORNEY INVESTIGATOR

http://egov.ocgov.com/vgnfiles/ocgov...611.pdf%20.pdf

You must have their pay confused with the guys/gals with the JD's.
          cool thanks I looked at LA county human recources pay schedule and it listed the lower amount. I am sure your numbers are more likely correct.

As for why they pay so much you have to look at their criteria. You need to be a police detective with a degree. It is a promitional postition so it needs to pay more. Usually they pay about what the sheriff pays their Sgt's. So as a Detective you have a choice, either go to the DA's offcie or test for sgt. In the LASD however they have pay enhancments for certain levels of detectives. They have Homicide Det's that make commander pay.
          Originally posted by FJDave
          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
            Not me....I spent 21 years in Plan E (e for empty) with County Police before the merge with LASD (I'm a Deputy now, no longer a Sarge). I'll have a split retirement, with B kicking in when I retire and E kicking in when I'm 65. I'm in much better shape now that I'm in B, but nowhere near as good as Retired96 or any other long-time LASD Deputy.

Some of the folks I work with have Plan E, and they really dislike it but can't afford to change over to Plan D, which requires a contribution. All I know is I have about 20 more years to go before I can retire with enough pension to continue supporting a few beer companies, and perhaps eat a meal or two per day.
            I know you're a deputy now, but I also know you as a Sgt with County PD, and I worked with a lot of good folks in that dept. Every now and then when I look at that patch, it brings back some memories... good and bad.
            Stupidity should always be free.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2956 users online. 179 members and 2777 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X