300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona PD

Does anyone know if they'll be hiring anytime soon? I havent seen anything in quite some time. Also any info on this dept would be appreciated.

It'd be nice if they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Adams23 View Post
      Does anyone know if they'll be hiring anytime soon? I havent seen anything in quite some time. Also any info on this dept would be appreciated.
      I saw an article a while back, it said they were selling their helicopter in order to save officers jobs. Not sure if that actually happened, but I guess it gives an idea of the budget...
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Saryan17 View Post
        I saw an article a while back, it said they were selling their helicopter in order to save officers jobs. Not sure if that actually happened, but I guess it gives an idea of the budget...
        ya i heard they got rid of the air support. At least no layoffs! Still i would think they would have started to hire again maybe at least laterals for attrition.. maybe nobody is retiring. I did a ride along about a year ago.. pretty squared away ofcrs and good equip it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Adams23 View Post
          ya i heard they got rid of the air support. At least no layoffs! Still i would think they would have started to hire again maybe at least laterals for attrition.. maybe nobody is retiring. I did a ride along about a year ago.. pretty squared away ofcrs and good equip it seems.
          Attrition happens everywhere, I can only imagine at some point all agencies are going to hire, that would be my hope. I'd love to work for corona, that's where I grew up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Got some buddies there. No chances of hiring for at least a year or 2. Who knows though, agencies usually find money lying in a drawer about this time of year. The new fiscal cycle may bring a couple positions but I wouldn't hold my breath.
            God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
              Got some buddies there. No chances of hiring for at least a year or 2. Who knows though, agencies usually find money lying in a drawer about this time of year. The new fiscal cycle may bring a couple positions but I wouldn't hold my breath.
              i see... generally speaking, your buddies happy there?

Comment

Any idea if they have reserves?

Comment

Yeah they're happy. The pay is nothing to write home about but they make up for it in bennies like a 3k/yr uniform allowance. I don't think they have reserves but I'll find out for sure.
                  God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Yeah they're happy. The pay is nothing to write home about but they make up for it in bennies like a 3k/yr uniform allowance. I don't think they have reserves but I'll find out for sure.
                    Thanks a lot. If they do, can you find out what sgt. or LT runs it? I'd like to try and get a hold of em.

Comment

A few years back, CPD had one reserve who was previously a full timer with them. They announced a massive Level 1, 2, and 3 PAID reserve recruitment for about 2 years with a ton of people applying- last I heard not one applicant was hired.

..but they did secure funds for the recruitment, so you draw your own conclusion.
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Originally posted by DCH View Post
                        A few years back, CPD had one reserve who was previously a full timer with them. They announced a massive Level 1, 2, and 3 PAID reserve recruitment for about 2 years with a ton of people applying- last I heard not one applicant was hired.

..but they did secure funds for the recruitment, so you draw your own conclusion.
                        Lol, I'm guessing then that's a no. Barstow has reserve openings, it pays $900 a year uniform and travel.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4428 users online. 277 members and 4151 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X