• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baca & his gifts

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1792290.story

Gift list:

http://spreadsheets.latimes.com/baca-gifts/
    Ignore List----DAL

"but I warranty you that I’ll be a better candidate than a kid that just got out of high school and self-sponsor himself."...Just another brain surgeon who's looking for a cop job on Officer.com.

Baca rejected the notion that donors were looking for special favors or treatment.

"The implication of all these gifts is 'Well, they're influence-buying.' Nothing could be more opposite than that," he said. "What they're expressing is appreciation for the respectful way we do business."

Comment

With all the news and entertainment media in the Los Angeles area, it is not surprising that they want to be on the good side of the sheriff.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Last edited by avalon42; 01-27-2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
          Aside from some of the more extravangant gifts, what bugged me the most about the article: it alleges that LASD conducts "special" reserve deputy training at Four Seasons. Is this true, and is this for Level III deputies exclusively?
          LASD got in trouble with POST. I am sure that it is not happening any longer.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3569 users online. 207 members and 3362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X