Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsafe drivers allowed to keep their DLs

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:47 PM.

A lot of agencies will not even respond to a traffic collision on private property; unless there are injuries or DUI ect
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

If the suspect driver returned in the car while the PD was standing there, the officer should have seen her driving and taken an action for driving on a suspended/revoked CDL.

PP accidents are generally investigated only when there is Death, Injury or H&R. Beyond that, no violation. Did you in fact learn that the driver was suspended/revoked? If not, tell your cousin to contact his insurance company and let them work it out.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Sue the driver and the owner.

And, next time, make a video recording of the interchange with the driver.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
          PP accidents are generally investigated only when there is Death, Injury or H&R. Beyond that, no violation.
          Sounds like this meets the technical definition of a hit and run.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

post deleted
            Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
              Thank you all. Don't know for sure if the driver was on a suspended DL, I assume the PD would have ran for wants/warrants. Weirdest part about the passenger...she has a learners permit, and the driver isn't even 25 yet. How could she legally be driving if that's the case? What's the normal recourse for that?
              NOTHING! It happened on private property. The vehicle code does not apply to private property except for DUI, Reckless Driving, Hit and Run, Handicapped Parking, Fatal and Injury accidents! Regular driving, minor property damage accidents, are not covered. Driving without a license is not covered.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I realize that this is a big deal to you and your friend and, frankly, it would be to me as well. the other driver sounds like she shouldn't be driving a car. I am sure this will catch up to her eventually.

I also understand how in this kind of situation you want the officers to be neutral and with them yucking it up with the other side it does not seem like they were. I would like to think I would have been more sensative to proper appearance, with that said;

You need to understand that this is a very trivial event in the average day of a cop. It is also hard to have your A game on every call. In a Domestic Violence case I am sure the officers would have put more thought into their demeanor but on this case they let their guard down. Should they have? Probably not, but the reality is we are humans first and we screw up sometimes, but as cop screw ups go this one is fairly minor.

Someday I hope you will be an officer and have a better perspective on it and hopefull understand what its like to be on the other side.
                  Originally posted by FJDave
                  GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                  "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

post deleted
                    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I'll argue all day about the DL on PP issue. 12500(c) covers unlicensed on pp. It is for shopping centers. If I was the cop and the driver didn't have a DL, or if it was suspended, I would've had them exchange info, positively identify the driver as the driver in the crash, cited the driver for 12500(c) or if I saw the driver enter the shopping center from the roadway and he was suspended 14601 and towed the vehicle.

That pretty much takes care of that issue.
                      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Sounds like 20002(a)(1) and 12500(c) to me

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                          I'll argue all day about the DL on PP issue. 12500(c) covers unlicensed on pp. It is for shopping centers. If I was the cop and the driver didn't have a DL, or if it was suspended, I would've had them exchange info, positively identify the driver as the driver in the crash, cited the driver for 12500(c) or if I saw the driver enter the shopping center from the roadway and he was suspended 14601 and towed the vehicle.

That pretty much takes care of that issue.
                          We don't cite for 12500 at the scene of a TC unless we actually see the TC happen and observe the driver driving. Even if the driver admits to driving, we don't cite. We take the report and request the 12500 filing in the body of the report.

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5789 users online. 343 members and 5446 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X