Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago, an FTO at a PD around here had his trainee pull in to McDonald's, go inside and ask the manager for an application.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
      Years ago, an FTO at a PD around here had his trainee pull in to McDonald's, go inside and ask the manager for an application.
      LMAO.....might use that one
      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

I had a captain yell at me to take off my badge. I did. He the asked me what it said on the badge. I said, "Patrolman." He said "if you want to keep it, shut up and go do it." I did.
        Never did like him. But I worked for him. That's all I had to know.
        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Our FTO program used to cut people left and right up until about two-three years ago. Now it's like an youth soccer team where everyone gets a trophy (badge). A lot of people who are on the bubble get shuffled through easy FTO's and the slow upper class divisions.

Comment

My 1st rookie now has 20 yrs on & several are PTO's themselves now. Yeah, it has changed, but what hasn't? Not all of it is good, but not all of it is bad either.

I'm not 1 that had my rook do push-ups beside the patrol car because he missed his call sign. But, if I thought that was the way to get through to him I would've. I did have 1 write himself a ticket for disobeying a stop sign (it happened at least once a shift 3 nights in a row)....he didn't do it again.
            Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God MATT 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
              The agency I retired from was also "notorious" for letting substandard probationers go, but we didn't haze people, we didn't yell at trainees and we didn't instruct them that it's okay for cops to violate any law (ie: FLSA) when it was convenient. Standards need to be set and adhered to, but why add to the considerable stress that the new officer is already experiencing?

There's a lot to learn as a trainee and FTOs don't need to give them examples of bad behavior as well as good. Adhere to the training requirements, demonstrate some patience with the newbies and set the bar "high" by providing a good example for them to emulate.
              ^This

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3008 users online. 200 members and 2808 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X