300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Sheriff recent hires

Could any recent San Diego Sheriff's Department PATROL ONLY hires shed some light on the after appointment process for Patrol only? I have been told that ALL new hires (regardless of position applied for), spend at least one year in Detentions. I understand that the length of time spent in Detentions is based on availability for open positions within your chosen 3 Patrol stations of choice.

My questions to recent PATROL ONLY hires are:

1) How long did you spend in Detentions once hired?

2) While working Detentions, were you salaried as a Patrol or Detentions Deputy?

3 Was SDSO helpful in getting you out of Detentions and on the street where you wanted to be, or did you feel trapped in Detentions?

Thank you for your feedback.

1. I spent 6 months at the courts. Some spent 6months to a year in courts or the jails.

2. If your a law enforcement deputy you get paid as one.

3. Your not detentions unless your hired as detentions. You may work in that environment but your stiff a LE deputy with LE powers on and off duty. Detentions only have LE powers while at work. You will be rotated out depending on the needs of the department. I spent only 6 months because they wanted deputies at the station I picked. You might have to wait longer for more of the popular stations depending on staffing and movement/promotions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3427 users online. 187 members and 3240 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X