300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former LEO Convicted!

A Moorpark man who was convicted for stealing from two Ventura County stores while serving as a Sergeant with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has been sentenced.

44-year-old Steven Flamm had earlier pleaded guilty to felony grand theft but the judge reduced those to misdemeanors. He was sentenced Monday to one day in jail, time already served, and three years formal probation.

Flamm was arrested for stealing $800 worth of leather coats from the Nordstroms in Thousand Oaks, and some video games from the Sears, also in Thousand Oaks.

The DA wanted Flamm to spend at least six months in jail.

Prosecutors said that the thefts were egregious because Flamm was a law enforcement officer at the time, he involved his children in the thefts, and he committed one of the crimes after being arrested for the other.
    Well, all I can say is.......
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

He got off light.....possibly because of other issues that contributed to this incident.

Sad to admit it, but I once considered him a friend.....he was in my academy class.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

^^^^^^

People Change Brother, Don't be sad to admit it. I'm sure that man is not the man you were friends with.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

This is bizarre. Was it a new thing, or is it what he got caught for and has been doing this for much longer? Imagine the damage he might have been doing for decades as a deputy if he went over to the dark side in his 20's...

Comment

post deleted
          Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I don't know what brought this about, but sometimes these things are occasioned by psychiatric issues.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Others have gotten off with far more with about the same sentence.

There was a manager for a non profit I was on the board of directors for.

She was caught on camera stealing directly from the till.

Going back to the register tapes law enforcement stopped digging at $50K, and she pleaded to that amount. She got 6 months with probation and $20K restitution (which we are getting about $20 a month)

Our own internal audit found no less than $800K missing over three years missing from other sources.

Since she left and we made various other changes in our organization we now make $1,000,000 more a year.

Her tenure spanned over 10 years.

She got 6 months and probation for what I can estimate to have been a few million.

If you’re caught, fess up, take a deal, and end the investigation ASAP, you never know howl little they will find out if you just fess up to what they think you took and move on with another case they are tied up with.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

what ever ended up happening with the LT. from Lomita station that got popped by Torrance PD at home depot ?

Comment

Didn't that happen to the surviving officer involved in the "Onion Field" ordeal.......he left the department due to stress, then started boosting items at a department store, where he was a loss prevention guy, but at that time they were called "Store Detectives" or something like that.....

Comment

what ever ended up happening with the LT. from Lomita station that got popped by Torrance PD at home depot ?
                    Got put in charge of the OPS merger..........

Comment

Originally posted by laco1x View Post
                      Didn't that happen to the surviving officer involved in the "Onion Field" ordeal.......he left the department due to stress, then started boosting items at a department store, where he was a loss prevention guy, but at that time they were called "Store Detectives" or something like that.....
                      Yes, Karl Hettinger. He went on to become a Ventura County Supervisor.

Unless LA Dep can fill in some blanks about the guy's career which might point at PTSD...he's not going to get any sympathy from me. I used to work, and drink off-duty, with some guys eventually arrested for burglary on-duty. That will be 30 years ago, this December. Not one of them qualified with "most traumatic incident ever lived through" to excuse or justify their embarking on a llife of crime.

I'll bet each and every one of them wishes they hadn't decided to steal, so they might be enjoyng almost $65K to $80K in pensions per year right now.
                      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5441 users online. 315 members and 5126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X