300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside Sheriffs new pay/retirement

I know its a little premature because the fiscal year isnt over but does anyone have an idea if RSO will be changing their payscale and/or retirement? ive heard a variety of things from yes they will to furloughs to higer retirement and possibly leaving PERS.. Just curious if any RSO guys/gals out there have some insider news...

We are still in negotiations with the county. However, we all anticipate paying our 9% PERS contribution and the possibility of taking a 10% wage cut on top of that. It's almost a guarantee that we will go to a two-tier retirement system as well, with new hires taking 2% at 50 or something similar.

We are all holding our breath as of now.

Comment

yikes... I was going to lateral out there next year. I hope it doesnt get too bad.. hopefully some last minute deal or something works out...

Comment

Was there any talk of no cash overtime at all or is that not an issue?

Comment

the RSO guys I work with are saying the same (19% pay cut total), and new hires will be hired at 2% @55 formula. They are not happy at all. I think something similar is coming our way too (2% @ 55 for new hires)...maybe even having to contribute the 9%.
          Well...Bye

Comment

Contracts as of today

where we r at right now is the county has proposed a 5% reduction in pay, plus contributing 5% towards retirement. For the new deps it would be [email protected] Also all merit raises would not occur. This is the nuts of what our reps r reporting @ this time, however nothing has been finalized. stay tuned.....

Comment

Take everything you hear with a grain of salt until its time for you to vote on a new contract. A lot of things are thrown out there as a scare tactic to get the police unions to agree to something less drastic...
              LAPD

Comment

Originally posted by Berlioz View Post
                Take everything you hear with a grain of salt until its time for you to vote on a new contract. A lot of things are thrown out there as a scare tactic to get the police unions to agree to something less drastic...
                ^^^^^
                very true...

Comment

You should watch the Board of Supervisor's meeting the Sheriff had a couple of weeks ago. The Sheriff talked about laying off 300-600 Deputies and closing a couple of stations to come to a budget agreement. There possibley could be layoffs in the future. Other departments are laying off cops and RSO is not exempt. Hope it does not happen, but times are hard for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy1999 View Post
                    You should watch the Board of Supervisor's meeting the Sheriff had a couple of weeks ago. The Sheriff talked about laying off 300-600 Deputies and closing a couple of stations to come to a budget agreement. There possibley could be layoffs in the future. Other departments are laying off cops and RSO is not exempt. Hope it does not happen, but times are hard for everyone.
                    i guess well wait and see. I hope they avoid layoffs and find another way...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3307 users online. 190 members and 3117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X