• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whittier PD

Does anyone have any insight on Whittier PD? Thanks

They are hiring.

Comment

Yea, according to their website they have to Chief's lol.. David Singer and Jeff Piper

Comment

Originally posted by M520 View Post
        Yea, according to their website they have to Chief's lol.. David Singer and Jeff Piper
        Their website is a little out of whack. Singer left last year and became a fed. He was appointed as a US Marshal (not deputy marshal) in a CA district back in October. Piper is the current chief.

Comment

so does anyone know anything else? How bad or good the FTO program is? Good dept to work for? etc etc

Comment

I don't think they are hiring recruits are they? Just academy grads right?

Comment

deleted...........
              Last edited by velcrostripes; 04-29-2011, 01:22 AM.
              Ignore List----DAL

"but I warranty you that I’ll be a better candidate than a kid that just got out of high school and self-sponsor himself."...Just another brain surgeon who's looking for a cop job on Officer.com.

Comment

Thanks Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by camelotskin View Post
                  I don't think they are hiring recruits are they? Just academy grads right?
                  They filled those first 50 pre-service spots within minutes...sign of the times...If you have over a year of experience, they are still taking apps...

Comment

Well I guess I missed this one.

Comment

camelot I thought you were already a sworn peace officer? at least that is what your profile says...
                      "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by bigcitypolice06 View Post
                        camelot I thought you were already a sworn peace officer? at least that is what your profile says...
                        Oops...he forgot about that one.....hahahahahaa But it's not fair that he should have to disclose that he is not a real police officer, nor that he will never get hired.....and if you argue with him he will just type louder and get the last word.....
                        Last edited by FJDave; 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Smurfette
                        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                        Originally posted by DAL
                        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Soooooo does annnnnybody out there have any info on this dept? lol

Comment

I have not spoken to my WPD friend in a while. Intel wise They had a Chief they didnt like but I think that sorted itself out. Brand spankin new PD building (I bet that's nice, I once looked at one of those books that has pictures of every city as it was decades ago. they had this black and white photo of our station. I felt like calling the publisher and telling them they should come by and get a color photo, it hasnt changed)

The biggest gripe is lack of crime. Especially if you police the unfriendly hills. the people there are supposed to be extra snooty.

They contract for the city of Santa Fe Springs which is mostly industrial which means a lot of false alarms and very long graveyard shifts.

Its kind of a drive through town the way its laid out so I expect its mostly about grabbing D bags on the main thourogh fares as they drive through.
                            Last edited by Garbage Man; 04-29-2011, 11:23 PM.
                            Originally posted by FJDave
                            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                            "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Somewhat of a low-profile agency- not in the media very much, and nothing innnovative arising from any dept. programs???

I went through the academy with three of their officers-- one is still there as a full time detective, one lateralled to La Habra PD, and the last one lateralled to Buena Park. (two of them incidentally have been on COPS)

I applied with them back in the early 2000's, didn't make it past their oral.
                              Timelines:

CBPO
                              App: 2/12/09
                              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                              Written: 2/20/09
                              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                              App: 5/5/09
                              Geo: San Diego
                              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                              NOR: 7/20/09
                              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                              TO: 10/6/09
                              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                              App: 8/17/10
                              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4383 users online. 270 members and 4113 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X