Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP Academy for 2011?

Hello,
    I have been in the application process for over 2 1/2 years and since April of 2010 (end of my background process) I have been waiting for an academy class. My status is 'awaiting academy date' and I am wondering if anyone on here has heard of a class starting in 2011? I'm a very patient person but I want to know if California has shut down CHP recruitment for good. (I really don't believe that, just sayin' because I'm bitter )

No classes scheduled for now.

Comment

I am in the same boat (May 2010). Here is a link to "a" "CHP" Facebook page. Keep in mind these are also Cadet hopefuls....but any info is strictly hearsay unless it's directly from the Cadet Hiring Unit......http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9994150945

Comment

nevermind,,,,,,
        Last edited by FlyByWire; 10-17-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Due to the current number of applicants in the CHP hiring process, future testing has been suspended. If you are interested in a career with the CHP, please check back periodically for updates on future testing dates.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by FlyByWire View Post
            that 90% of what is on that FB page is wrong.
            I agree.....but it helps get into the "investigational" mindset, trying to separate fact from fiction. I also noted that if it is not from the CHU, then it cannot be taken as fact (and even then is subject to change.).

Comment

I was pulled over a few days ago by a CHP officer and we were chit chatting about agency's i applied for and pretty sure he mentioned there's an academy about to end soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GTV10 View Post
                I was pulled over a few days ago by a CHP officer and we were chit chatting about agency's i applied for and pretty sure he mentioned there's an academy about to end soon.
                The class graduates the 29th or so, after they leave its going to be empty there for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by leif View Post
                  The class graduates the 29th or so, after they leave its going to be empty there for a while.
                  The academy will not be sitting idle. There are motor classes, officer safety training classes, firearms instructor training, in-service training, supervisors training, etc. That academy never sits idle. Cadets are but a small portion of what transpires up there!
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

Comment

Well guess it means more waiting. Thanks to those who replied. Maybe if someone hears anything they can post it on this thread.

Comment

I'm pulling for ya (and me!)

Originally posted by ahproh View Post
                      Hello,
                      I have been in the application process for over 2 1/2 years and since April of 2010 (end of my background process) I have been waiting for an academy class. My status is 'awaiting academy date' and I am wondering if anyone on here has heard of a class starting in 2011? I'm a very patient person but I want to know if California has shut down CHP recruitment for good. (I really don't believe that, just sayin' because I'm bitter )
                      I can't vouch for this info beyond February 2011, but here's my post from a previous thread:

I took my oral psych two days ago and spoke with my background investigator for about 20 minutes yesterday. Assuming my psych went well, he told me that as far as he knows:

-there are no scheduled Academy classes at the moment
                      -it sounds "hopeful" that they will try to make three happen this year, but perhaps with classes as small as 60 (down from 120 or ~250 in good times)
                      -the CHP is either getting rid of or choosing to ignore their policy that candidates expire out of the entire hiring process two years from their QAP
                      -perishable steps in the process like the background and the psych will still have to be updated or redone after one year elapses from the time taken

On a personal note, because there are people like 08duramax who have been done since April 2010, my BI said that my BEST CASE scenario (the Academy continuing to have classes) is a year. Now that it looks like I'm going to hit the 2.5 - 3 year mark when all is said and done, I'm going to Plan C: teaching English overseas (a booming market) until CHP is ready. Later guys.

Last edited by MannyLaMancha; 02-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.

--------------

key threads: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...HP-Budget-Cuts

and

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t=#post2652976
                      California Highway Patrol:

Applied - June 2009

Written - August 2009

Physical Fitness - August 2009

QAP - August 2009

Initial Background - August 2010 (1 year later)

LiveScan - August 2010

CVSA - August 2010

Final Background - September 2010

Psych (MMPI) - October 2010

Physical - October 2010

Psych Oral - February 2011

Academy: *closed*

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Manny. I to like 08duramax have been done since April 2010. I'm not totally wrecked about the academy not starting anytime soon because I need to work on my running!

Comment

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/2...s-command-post

the article states the CHP expects to lose 300 uniformed personnel in June 2011.

Comment

Just to throw something out for thought, the loss of 300 uniforms in June will save the Department about $2,400,000 a month. So, if they delay adding an attrition class for a couple of months, they can save a bundle. For example, if they hold off just to October, they will realize a savings of of nearly $100,000,000. That is significant. I am not offering this scenario to be fact; but, when you get all the bean counters in one room, that will certainly be a topic of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                              Just to throw something out for thought, the loss of 300 uniforms in June will save the Department about $2,400,000 a month. So, if they delay adding an attrition class for a couple of months, they can save a bundle. For example, if they hold off just to October, they will realize a savings of of nearly $100,000,000. That is significant. I am not offering this scenario to be fact; but, when you get all the bean counters in one room, that will certainly be a topic of discussion.
                              I wonder if your numbers are even on the conservative side still, obviously would depend on rank and top-out at the time of retirement.. thats a LOT of bodies retiring at once. Im willing to bet if anyone outside of the department is involved, they are going to ask that they continue with the current staffing levels after the retirements. They'll see the payroll savings and want more and more...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3594 users online. 206 members and 3388 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X