300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to the LASD K-9 on the 710

Today at about 1500 hours I was driving N/B the 710 just south of the 105 and saw an LASD Tahoe on the side of the freeway. As I drove past I saw it was a K-9 unit. The K-9 Deputy was on his knee with a tire wrench, changing a tire for the young couple that were standing by. It was pretty heavy traffic and literally thousands of people saw him helping those folks. I mean, talk about your "tradition of service." The LASD spends tons of money on billboard adds along the side of every freeway but that one Dep was worth more in positive PR than all the adds combined.
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Cant beat that kind of PR! Wayta Go Dep!!
    I saw one of my units the other day stopped on what appeared to be a ped stop on 2. I pulled up to back and as it turns out, he was just stopping by and giving two local homeless women some sandwiches. Some random joe citizen was riding by on a bike and saw this and said "wow thats a beautifil thing, thank you officer".. Its a shame that stuff like this wont ever make the news or be acknowledged but at least the citizens we protect catch a glimpse of this from time to time. Kudos again to the deputy!

Comment

LASD SEB-CSD ...not your "average" K9 detail.
      Timelines:

CBPO
      App: 2/12/09
      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
      Written: 2/20/09
      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
      App: 5/5/09
      Geo: San Diego
      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
      NOR: 7/20/09
      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
      TO: 10/6/09
      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
      App: 8/17/10
      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Originally posted by DCH View Post
        LASD SEB-CSD ...not your "average" K9 detail.
        That may not have been a SEB doggie.....we have several other K9 details now.
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4467 users online. 285 members and 4182 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X