300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Process

I took the written 2 weeks ago and I was scheduled for my background June 6. Anybody in the same or similar boat? Has anybody else been through this portion already? What happens at the review? Do you get a BI that day or do you wait for notification? I calles my assigned mentor but can never get an answer or call back.

The appointment you have is a preliminary background interview. You wont meet with your BI it will be anther person reviewing your packet with you and asking some questions if they feel they need additional info. If all is good with that youll get contacted by a BI at a later time. You should be taking other tests in the meantime as well; physical, medical, psych, poly.

Comment

So if my packet is good they will schedule me for the other phases while I wait for a BI to be assigned to me?

Comment

you should call and schedule your tests asap and knock out as many as you can because appointments are sometimes hard to get. Im not too sure but i assume that if theres something major that would disqualify you, you would be told at that interview. I will tell you though, if you want this process to move quick, take the initiative on your own. Make your appts, make follow up calls, have any an all douments you might need ready. You dont always need to wait for the city to get a hold of you...

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice. I was under the impression it was a waiting game. I will try and get a hold of my mentor again today. Hopefully she picks up this time! I do know that LAPD suspended hiring until July 1st for the pension thing.

Comment

ya they did but processing hasnt stopped.

Comment

I called and was told that I could not schedule anything until after my background review.

Comment

Sorry I didnt clarify, once all is well at your prelim background interview then dont wait for them and start makin appointments on your own..

Comment

Hey Courtguy, I'm in the same boat as you. My initial interview is next month. I was told as well that we are not allowed to schedule appointments. They do it for us. Kind of a bummer because it's no fun to wait. But they will get a hold of you if nothing is wrong with your background. I went to CAPS last Sat. Have you gone yet? It was awesome, and I plan on going again in the next few weeks.

Comment

Whats up dephopeful, no I haven't gone to a session yet. I workout pretty hard by myself. When I get further in the process I will make the journey out for some of those sessions. My background is the first week of June. Hopefully I can get it moved up to next month.

Comment

The next step for you is the Initial Background Interview with a city employee. You will first fill out something similar to a Personal History Statement in a room with the other candidates. After you are finished, a city employee will meet with you to review it along with the other documents(originals & photocopies) you were told to bring from the checklist of required documents. If there isn't anything potentially disqualifying, you will be given a paper to bring upstairs to schedule(not take) your polygraph examination. That was the process in 2010 unless things have changed. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks cameloskin. How did it turn out for you if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Courtguy View Post
                          Whats up dephopeful, no I haven't gone to a session yet. I workout pretty hard by myself. When I get further in the process I will make the journey out for some of those sessions. My background is the first week of June. Hopefully I can get it moved up to next month.
                          You may want to consider going to a few CAPS sessions sooner rather than later. The CAPS booklet is one of the first things we look at when you come in for your oral interview. If you don't have it signed off by someone there at the program, it sorta kinda makes it look like you didn't want to make the effort to attend an event the Department sponsors for people in your exact situation to help you prepare for the academy.

Comment

Got DQ'd for a mistake I made on the paperwork which caused a red flag. Don't get fooled into the whole "completely honest" or "pooring out your heart" thing when answering questions. Be honest but answer all questions to the letter, nothing more nothing less. If you are unsure about a question don't answer it or check the box, instead ask the city employee exactly what the question means. Anyway I am in the process with another nearby agency now, and testing with a few more in the near future. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3294 users online. 189 members and 3105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X