300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside Sheriff's Dept testing

Has anyone gone through and passed the physical agility test for Riverside County? I feel like my score was pretty good and I'm wondering how long anyone has waited on the "eligibility list?". If you've gone through the process, can you let me know how you did on the agility test and how long you had to wait after? I'd really appreciate it.

You're gonna be waiting a very very very very very very very long time. Right now, we're in a budget battle with the BOS. If the county forces the budget they want, there's talk of as many as 300 lay offs. Some of the stations may even close and their patrol areas divided between other stations. Don't look for RSO to be hiring for at least a couple years.
    God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Wow I can't believe that! That's insane! I can't believe that they keep conducting all of these written and PAT tests when they know they don't have the money to hire anyone. Thanks for the headsup though. Had you not said anything, I'd be waiting forever to get the email telling me to pick up my packet.

Comment

I'm screwed anyways. I might as well stay in dispatch.
        Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
          I'm screwed anyways. I might as well stay in dispatch.
          Is San Bernardino county in the same boat?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
            Wow I can't believe that! That's insane! I can't believe that they keep conducting all of these written and PAT tests when they know they don't have the money to hire anyone. Thanks for the headsup though. Had you not said anything, I'd be waiting forever to get the email telling me to pick up my packet.
            --Its actually very common 4 depts to do this. they want a big pool of canidates on hand so once they are ready to hire sum1 on, they have qualified canidates ready to go...

Comment

6 months ago, when I went through the process, right after the PAT they would give you a brief orientation and hand you the packet to fill out and it was due back in 10 days. They didn't put you on "a list". What were your scores, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by thays View Post
                6 months ago, when I went through the process, right after the PAT they would give you a brief orientation and hand you the packet to fill out and it was due back in 10 days. They didn't put you on "a list". What were your scores, if you don't mind me asking?
                I heard that same thing from guys I took the test with who knew ppl who had been through it earlier. 1.5 mile run: 11.29 mins; pushups: 80; sit ups: 40. Are you still ine the hiring process?

Comment

FutureLEO- On the other thread I asked you where you heard that RSO was not hiring, but looks like I found the answer. Well glad I did though. I'll still take the PAT just in case. Whatever the case is, just got to keep looking and applying.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLEO77 View Post
                    I heard that same thing from guys I took the test with who knew ppl who had been through it earlier. 1.5 mile run: 11.29 mins; pushups: 80; sit ups: 40. Are you still ine the hiring process?
                    No... Failed the background. I received the thin, one page, dreadful letter.

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
                      FutureLEO- On the other thread I asked you where you heard that RSO was not hiring, but looks like I found the answer. Well glad I did though. I'll still take the PAT just in case. Whatever the case is, just got to keep looking and applying.

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
                        Yea it was from one of the posts at the top. Any local department that's hiring I jump on it, believe me lol. And yea I would just keep doing whatever you can with RSD, better to be safe than sorry. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by thays View Post
                          No... Failed the background. I received the thin, one page, dreadful letter.
                          Sorry to hear that thays. I've gotten denial letters before, just got to keep looking. Did it take long to get to that part though?

Comment

FutureLEO- Thanks. lol. Same here. Im jumping on any department that is hiring right now I'll let you know what they tell us after the PAT Next week.

Comment

I took the PAT last week. They just give u a peice of paper that says to wait to hear from them for a background packet. They will email you and then you have 30 days to pick it up, and return it.
                              Last edited by Courtguy; 04-18-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3144 users online. 158 members and 2986 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X