Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Paper, Need Help from anyone in Admin/Field Ops

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:53 PM. Reason: Duh!

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The 'cost' to the taxpayer is the exact same as any other call for service that does not require the hiring of units on overtime.

zero....zilch....nada.....

Those units that respond to that call (or any other call) have already been paid for by the taxpayers in that city or county.....the cost of responding to that call is the same as responding to any other call.....or doing a traffic stop....or just 'showing the flag'.....or sitting parked under a tree writing paper.....or doing nothing at all.
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

LA Dep had the same reaction as me. I don't understand why you would write a paper on this topic. Why not discuss the cost of Police responding to area checks for racing vehicles, or 415 civil problems with private tow's? There is no cost recovery to speak of. The tax payers pay Police to be ready to handle any call that can be imagined. It is what we do. The UOCer would not be requesting our assistance. Why would they have to pay for us to contact them when they are exercising their legal right to bear arms?
        "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

The cost recovery you speak of is for 2nd responses to parties. these people have already been warned in writing once and have refused to comply. It requires that a citizen sign a complaint against the party givers. Mostly it is a tool we used to scare people into compliance.

A better example would be billing people for nuisance alarms, which some cities do.

The overall problem is you have to show some sort of negligence on the part of the person who you are billing. the open carry folks will say they are not breaking any laws and are just using their rights, so no negligence.

It would never survive a constitutional challenge. Which if you are doing this as a school paper lack of understanding constitutional limitations might cost you.
          Originally posted by FJDave
          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
          "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

post deleted
            Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

You might want to reference cost recovery fees: Here is a power point specific to SDPD with those $$$ figures:

http://docs.sandiego.gov/councilcomm...90401-5ppt.pdf

And here is Chula Vista's fee schedule:
              http://www.ci.chula-vista.ca.us/City...eSchedComp.pdf

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6074 users online. 345 members and 5729 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X