Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villaraigosa agrees to pay fines over free event tickets

Villaraigosa agrees to pay fines over free event tickets
    Los Angeles Times | April 1, 2011 | 2:35 p.m.

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has agreed to pay nearly $42,000 in fines to resolve state and city investigations into his practice of accepting tickets to sports events, concerts and other entertainment without reporting them as gifts, officials said Friday.

In a pact drafted by the state Fair Political Practices Commission and the city Ethics Commission, Villaraigosa admitted that he failed to report receiving free tickets to 34 events during his first five years in office.

Villaraigosa faced a maximum fine of more than $167,000 but was offered a smaller amount because investigators concluded that his violations were unintentional and that he made a "good faith" attempt to comply with the law, the agreement says. Villaraigosa insisted that he was "fully accountable" for his actions. "It is my responsibility to make sure I act in strict compliance" with the rules, he said in a statement.

More soon at: http://www.latimes.com.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

I think LA Mayor salary is about $200k. Thats going to hurt for sure.

Comment

post deleted
      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2700 users online. 151 members and 2549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X