300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD's 2012 Patrol Vehicle Demo

The Chevrolet Caprice. I like the work deck in the trunk area.....................

LAPD 2012 Patrol Vehicle
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

The 3 wheel moped needs to go
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Too many lights and the flash patterns are disorienting. We used to have our toughbooks mounted in the trunk like that but we had too many connectivity issues to our MDT's. The MDT's are now gone and the toughbooks are up front.

Comment

What happened to KISS when it came to the emergency lights?? Keep the light bar on top and the wig wags or flashers. All the strobes on the push bar are kinda annoying.

When I was at LAC/USC Hollenbeck was testing the Chevy and the guys i talked to did not like them. They said the cab was small and the passenger side had no key hole, the same for the Chargers. I do like the work station but think thats better for a Sgt. at large incidents and the trunk lights are always a plus.
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Lets be realistic...LAPD won't put alll the new gizmos on it....we will keep the same jacked up MDT's, no toughbooks in the trunks first because its an officer safety issue second because we are required to carry too much crap in there already, and the extra lights won't happen either. My biggest complaint is the keyhole on the passenger side, and the overall size of the veh...I got to look at one at the car show a while ago and I like it better than the chargers...but that doesn't say much...all in all at least its not the impala....
          "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

Looks cool but whats with the tough book in the trunk? CP vehicle? Looks expensive

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
              Looks cool but whats with the tough book in the trunk? CP vehicle? Looks expensive
              That's very similar to all of our cars... though it's just the toughbook and modem, which makes the tray fit next to the spare tire on that shelf. The cost is the screen up front- about 2,000 each. We sadly are going to be losing them due to the cost. When they work they are awesome.. but some times they get finneky

Comment

All the new era cars are too small for police work. The old style caprices, though ugly, were spacious and that is helpful wearing all thta junk around your waist. the bench seat is a must, so we will never be comfy again. Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

POS. Im not getting the idea behind having your computer in the trunk. the only vehicles ive ever seen even close to that was fire batallion cmdrs. SUV's so they could set up an IC at scenes. for LE work, thats stupid. the driver seat looks pretty tight, theres no room to shift around with your gun jammed against the center armrest.
                  Originally posted by crass cop
                  Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                    POS. Im not getting the idea behind having your computer in the trunk. the only vehicles ive ever seen even close to that was fire batallion cmdrs. SUV's so they could set up an IC at scenes. for LE work, thats stupid. the driver seat looks pretty tight, theres no room to shift around with your gun jammed against the center armrest.
                    It's actually awesome. There is a touch screen terminal screen in the front that shows what's on your computer in the back... and it takes up way less room in the front, with a key board that is able to adjust more than if you have the computer and screen attached to each other. We sit and type out reports all in the car, then can take our computer out and into the station and type more if needed. I have seen some departments with the computers that never leave the car.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4613 users online. 296 members and 4317 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X