Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IJones
    replied
    I was wondering how things are going for those of you who had their background intake in Feb and later. Are things moving fast or slow? My background intake is next week. Thanks and best of luck to you all.

Leave a comment:

• civicsurfer
    replied
    The PAT is pretty easy. I wouldn't worry about it. I had the interview in Jan and passed the interview in Feb. I had my background intake on the same month and haven't heard anything since.

Leave a comment:

• LAbert
    replied
    Quick question. I have my written exam on the 15th. Will the PAT be on that Saturday the 18th??

Leave a comment:

• LAbert
    replied
    Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
    I keep hearing a few spots but that seems to change from day to day then it all depends on retirements in june also! Good luck!
    Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied
    Originally posted by LAbert View Post
    Taking the written exam on June 15th. I took the test 2 years ago and passed. Was a bit tougher than others I've taken, but nothing to lose sleep over. Unfortunatley for me I was out of shape back then, so didn't pass the PAT. But this time around I am in good shape and will pass it.

LASCHOOLCOP- Any Idea how many the Department is hiring?? Would appreciate iny info.
    I keep hearing a few spots but that seems to change from day to day then it all depends on retirements in june also! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• LAbert
    replied
    Taking the written exam on June 15th. I took the test 2 years ago and passed. Was a bit tougher than others I've taken, but nothing to lose sleep over. Unfortunatley for me I was out of shape back then, so didn't pass the PAT. But this time around I am in good shape and will pass it.

LASCHOOLCOP- Any Idea how many the Department is hiring?? Would appreciate iny info.

Leave a comment:

• HuskerCop
    replied
    Originally posted by Bully View Post
    I started with the LASPD in 1996. Like all school cops in those days, I started as a campus officer (SRO). After a couple years doing that, I went to patrol. I became an FTO and then a motor. At that time, I was pretty much given any assignment I wanted. Life was pretty good. The problem I had at first was the management. We had a chief that knew nothing about police work and was one step above a criminal himself. He did everything he could to hold the dept back.
    This had to be Weasley Mitchell!! I have stories about that worthless excuse for a security guard. I worked there from 1984-1990 (LASD Class 225). What you said about the department and starting a career there is true, and if you like the work and can put up withy some of the at-times non-sense, it is a good job. The inner-city experience is priceless if you lateral out-of-state.
    You said " You will always be inferior to the local agencies in the minds of your district admin and the general public." I know that was true then and looks like its much the same now.

Leave a comment:

• Prospective
    replied
    I applied in January and didn't get to take the written until April.

Leave a comment:

• Courtguy
    replied
    I put my application in. I looked online for a written test date other then the dates in June but couldn't find them. I checked the upcoming test dates but it was blank. Anybody think they can help me out here? How did you guys get a written this early?

Leave a comment:

• Bully
    replied
    That school does have underground parking and the lot is pretty big. There's also an outside parking lot that's decent size for those purposes. If you can't find parking in those lots, you can park on Maple or Los Angeles St. Just don't expect your car to be there when you get done. At minimum, the wheels will be missing.

Just a little reminiscing, the spot of the current Santee HS was the old personnel office when I first hired on there. The PAT is pass/fail so like gangstas running from the po po, you don't have to be the fastest, just don't be the slowest.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied
    Originally posted by Prospective View Post
    Cool, thanks for the tip LAschoolCop. This PAT format is not the "fake it 'till you make it" format. I do well with the tests that involve the little O-courses with the saw horses and cones you set up in the parking lot, the body drags, wall jumps, and 500 yard runs.

LAUSD does it like Santa Monica PD (without pull ups); the one with: pushups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile run, and 300 meter sprint.

I am honestly not too optimistic about this one, but I wish best of luck to everyone who is going.
    You will do fine the times are pretty high and all you need to do is pass, not be the best one!

Leave a comment:

• Prospective
    replied
    Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
    I dont think it will be that many people but I am not sure...maybe 20-30. I believe that school has underground parking so there should be enough. If you are in shape u will be fine! i would say u will be fine 30-40 mins early!
    Cool, thanks for the tip LAschoolCop. This PAT format is not the "fake it 'till you make it" format. I do well with the tests that involve the little O-courses with the saw horses and cones you set up in the parking lot, the body drags, wall jumps, and 500 yard runs.

LAUSD does it like Santa Monica PD (without pull ups); the one with: pushups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile run, and 300 meter sprint.

I am honestly not too optimistic about this one, but I wish best of luck to everyone who is going.

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied
    So, the PAT is at Santee High School. Have to be there at 7AM this Saturday. They said its going to be several hours long! Does anybody know how many people are going to be there. Can you get there a half hour early and get parking, or is this a be there 1.5 hours early to get parking?
    I dont think it will be that many people but I am not sure...maybe 20-30. I believe that school has underground parking so there should be enough. If you are in shape u will be fine! i would say u will be fine 30-40 mins early!

Leave a comment:

• Prospective
    replied
    So, the PAT is at Santee High School. Have to be there at 7AM this Saturday. They said its going to be several hours long! Does anybody know how many people are going to be there. Can you get there a half hour early and get parking, or is this a be there 1.5 hours early to get parking?

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Thanks for all the input Bully and DOA.

I took the written today and passed. The questions are always funky and awkwardly worded. I am not looking forward to the PAT, does anyone know if you fail, can you retake it later? I know they let you take the written again 4 months later.
    Good job!! keep us all posted- it will take a while, so be patient- DO everything the District tells you ,and get any requests for BI in ON TIME! Bully and LAschoolCop can fill you in on minor issues or detials, if you ask properly!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5526 users online. 333 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X