300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bully View Post
    I started with the LASPD in 1996. Like all school cops in those days, I started as a campus officer (SRO). After a couple years doing that, I went to patrol. I became an FTO and then a motor. At that time, I was pretty much given any assignment I wanted. Life was pretty good. The problem I had at first was the management. We had a chief that knew nothing about police work and was one step above a criminal himself. He did everything he could to hold the dept back.
    This had to be Weasley Mitchell!! I have stories about that worthless excuse for a security guard. I worked there from 1984-1990 (LASD Class 225). What you said about the department and starting a career there is true, and if you like the work and can put up withy some of the at-times non-sense, it is a good job. The inner-city experience is priceless if you lateral out-of-state.
    You said " You will always be inferior to the local agencies in the minds of your district admin and the general public." I know that was true then and looks like its much the same now.

Comment

Taking the written exam on June 15th. I took the test 2 years ago and passed. Was a bit tougher than others I've taken, but nothing to lose sleep over. Unfortunatley for me I was out of shape back then, so didn't pass the PAT. But this time around I am in good shape and will pass it.

LASCHOOLCOP- Any Idea how many the Department is hiring?? Would appreciate iny info.

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
        Taking the written exam on June 15th. I took the test 2 years ago and passed. Was a bit tougher than others I've taken, but nothing to lose sleep over. Unfortunatley for me I was out of shape back then, so didn't pass the PAT. But this time around I am in good shape and will pass it.

LASCHOOLCOP- Any Idea how many the Department is hiring?? Would appreciate iny info.
        I keep hearing a few spots but that seems to change from day to day then it all depends on retirements in june also! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
          I keep hearing a few spots but that seems to change from day to day then it all depends on retirements in june also! Good luck!
          Thanks for the info!

Comment

Quick question. I have my written exam on the 15th. Will the PAT be on that Saturday the 18th??

Comment

The PAT is pretty easy. I wouldn't worry about it. I had the interview in Jan and passed the interview in Feb. I had my background intake on the same month and haven't heard anything since.

Comment

I was wondering how things are going for those of you who had their background intake in Feb and later. Are things moving fast or slow? My background intake is next week. Thanks and best of luck to you all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5497 users online. 297 members and 5200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X