300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAUSD PD - April 2011 Recruitment

I have a written exam with them on April 12th. With all the recent news about LA City politics and budgeting issues for LA City's various PD's, does anyone know if the School District is going to take similar austerity measures and not put anybody through the hiring process and this exam is basically an exercise in futility? If LAPD et al recruitment is shut down, won't the academy be down too? LAUSD PD uses the same academy right?

Thanks for the update 10-97.

Comment

Being that I used to work there, I can tell you that 10-97 is absolutely right. The only difference is that the district gets its money from the state. Their budget is about 3-4 times that of the city. When I left there, the district budget was 11 billion bones. The PD budget is approximately 30 million. They're having a push now because of the recent incidents around the schools. The district finally recognized that they need more cops. The academy locations aren't set in stone. We had guys that went through Rio Hondo, like me. Some went through LASD and a few went through OCSD. Once they get a group ready to go through the academy, they see which academy has an open class. They then send to whichever academy is open. With Rio Hondo shut down, don't be surprised if they start sending guys through SBSO or RSO academies in the future. I know it sounds far fetched buy you gotta get guys trained somewhere.

One thing I could never understand is if you have a guy that goes through an extended class on his own dime, the dept will still send them through the full time academy even though they're already trained. Sounds like a waste of money to me.
      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Hey Bully,

I didn't know you used to be an LAUSD cop. Would you mind sharing why you left? Did you go to a sheriff dept, it looks like that is a brown shirt on your photo. Do you like the new dept better, or are you regretting the move? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to get a feel for the school assignment vs regular LE assignment.

Comment

Bully, I am also interested in your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Prospective View Post
            Hey Bully,

I didn't know you used to be an LAUSD cop. Would you mind sharing why you left? Did you go to a sheriff dept, it looks like that is a brown shirt on your photo. Do you like the new dept better, or are you regretting the move? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to get a feel for the school assignment vs regular LE assignment.
            like any other lateral- a bit more money, closer to home, different opportunities. LAUSDPD is a decent enough agency- you'll see the politics anywhere you go, but sometimes folks need or want something more- in the yrs I've been on ,I've seen officers claiming to work for cool agnecy A" ,go to plain jane agency "B", guys from hood depts go to slow depts, and vice versa...
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by Prospective View Post
              Thanks for the update 10-97.
              Just be ready for the written! Out of all the tests I have taken, LASPD's was by far the toughest!
              BPA
              Written (87) 11/29/10
              NOR 12/3/10
              TSL1 07/26/11
              Poly 08/15/11
              PT 08/22/11
              Drug Test 09/02/11
              OB 09/13/11
              BI meeting 10/10/11
              TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
              Written (79) 12/07/10
              NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
              NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
              TSL1 06/14/11
              Poly 08/15/11
              Medical and PT 08/22/11
              VBT/SI 08/26/11
              Drug Test 09/02/11
              BI meeting 10/10/11
              TSU 06/21/12
              EOD 08/13/12
              FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

I agree, it is tough. I took the test several months ago and barely passed.

Comment

Hmmm, thanks for the notice. I have never failed a written test, but that doesn't mean I can't do it on this one. I will make sure to give the study guide a good look they emailed with the notice.

Comment

I love my dept! It has its issues but the good out weighs the bad for me!

Comment

Wonder if they'll ever re-activate their SRT?
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

maybe with the new chief...

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                          maybe with the new chief...
                          strange enough , the SRT was displayed on the LASPD website at least up to last year- I know they still have the weapons, some of the officers and supervisors SWAT( LASD-SEB) trained, and armored "tactical" vehicle or two at the HQ on Pico Blvd; it would make sense, as the numerous fleeing felons who have run onto or thru campuses, pus the on campus shootings and scares would justify it- it seems a Sgt or Lt. wanting to make good ,would champion the effort to return one to service( even if they sold it as "part time").....
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

How do they do their PAT? Is it the LAPD one, or the regular one with the walls, course, drag, run?

Comment

http://www.laspd.com/career.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5415 users online. 290 members and 5125 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X