300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Shoot Kidnapping Suspect At End Of Pursuit

The chase ended just before 2 p.m. near Greenwood Avenue and Oakwood Street in Montebello when the suspect made a U-turn in the middle of the street before coming to a stop, and exiting his car. In his right hand appeared to be a shiny object that police said was his loaded weapon.
    Suicide By Cop Video
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Between the Channel 7 and Channel 2 news stories, it appears that 2 is trying to make a big deal and conspiracy case out of the incident. I'm not surprised though.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Those news stations will make a big deal out of the fact that he was maybe shot before he actually pointed the gun in the direction of the officers as he was falling down or on the ground... Were talking what, one second of time...Was he yelling at the cops, I don't know...

I do believe as I saw him walking towards the officers he would have opened fire on them...

I am not shedding a tear for him,,,, better him than us....
      Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
        Those news stations will make a big deal out of the fact that he was maybe shot before he actually pointed the gun in the direction of the officers as he was falling down or on the ground... Were talking what, one second of time...Was he yelling at the cops, I don't know...

I do believe as I saw him walking towards the officers he would have opened fire on them...

I am not shedding a tear for him,,,, better him than us....
        The video I posted says that he did fire, after (ironically) being hit in the leg.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It doesnt matter who shot first. Kidnapping, pursuit, then exits a vehicle no doubt being given commands to stop or drop the weapon. comes towards officers in an aggresive manner while holding a gun...congrats to the officers for going home safe and shame on that cali news station for leading reports.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
            Between the Channel 7 and Channel 2 news stories, it appears that 2 is trying to make a big deal and conspiracy case out of the incident. I'm not surprised though.
            trust me. "know" what KCBS can do to try and screw you( and surprisingly, THEY DON'T TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH, and don't really care too) Wish there was audio availalbe to hear what the suspect said before he got shot- didn't know you had to "wait" until a suspect shot at you , to defend yourself- but then again police officers are different, and I gues the media and local citizens actually think you are supposed to DIE. ( wasjust grumbling about a 187 suspect my guys arrested ,with the murder weapon on him, in '09- do you beleive a SORRY ***ED L.A. helped the shooter get a NOT GUILTY pass on a cold blooded murder, all cause they bought the koolaid that he was "defending himself" ( yeah, he shot an UNARMED and FLEEING young man) .. Only in L.A....
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

While this was definitely a justifiable end to this pursuit, the general public doesn't understand LEO mentality, and to them the video raises questions. It is for reasons like this that I highly reccomend "Community Academys" where citizens can learn why and how LEO's react under different circumstances on the street. The general public needs a better understanding of how law enforcement works, especially under pressure.

Comment

Not that it maters one bit, there is a street video capture that recorded the gun shot sounds. There is one shot first a slight pause then rapid fire. As we are trained to shoot in 2 round bursts I think this established the suspect did fire first. Not that his firing in anyway needs to occur or even his pointing of the gun. he had a gun, he wasnt going to drop it so he got dropped instead. End of story..as good a shoot as they come.
                Originally posted by FJDave
                GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

The average citizen might say that the shooting was justified, but not "good."
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Who cares what the average citizen may or may not say, or the news outlets for that matter. The only thing I'm interested in hearing is, welcome home honey from my wife, and hi daddy from my little boy...

With all the damn LODD this year, and a 20% jump from 2009 to 2010, those officers did the job right.

1*
                    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

Did he commit a felony? yes.
                      Did he fail to obey lawful command? yes
                      Was he in possession of a metallic object, similar in size and shape to that which is known to the officers to be a firearm? yes

END OF DISCUSSION. That news story was disgusting. Whether the suspect fired first or not is totally irrelevant.
                      Last edited by rm6088; 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2869 users online. 158 members and 2711 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X