300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA State Park Peace Officer

Anyone else on here going through the selection process?

I just had my panel interview this past Thursday and I think it went well. Now I just have to wait 4-6 weeks for my results.

Did a ride along 2 weeks ago with an officer and this is a really good gig to get into.

Can you be more specific in the process so far and give a little more info about the ride along? I am a CO with CDCR and am contemplating taking a pay cut and making the jump.

Comment

Looking at making the jump to especially if this whole public safety realignment hits. I really don't want to go back to the prison, currently in parole now, but if I have to go back then so be it. I rather have a job in these times than not. Would really like to stay outside the walls than go back in. Sure wish I continued on in the LAPD process than giving it up for CDC.

What do they say "hind sight is 20/20" hahaha

Comment

any info about this department and career can be found here......http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=851

Comment

Originally posted by Jromulo View Post
          any info about this department and career can be found here......http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=851
          I have looked at the website, I was looking for actual opinions and experiences from someone in the process.

Comment

Went on a ride along today.. which state park was the ranger you rode with from?

Comment

Ride-Alongs, and Final Score?

I recommend going on more than one ride along. Go to a rural / country park with low visitors, or high visitors but huge land area. Then go to a reservoir or lake with huge visitor count (high law enforcement). Then go to a historical park. You will do much better on the oral and have a better idea of the job. If you are like me and are attracted to a high law enforcement park, you might be surprised by how much you would enjoy a historic (low LE) park. It's a great experience either way.

Anyone else out there get their oral score? I scored in top 3 ranks, but haven't heard from State Parks for advancing in backgrounds as of yet. Very curious if they'll be canceling any academies for a few years as a result of the budget crisis. Anyway... it seems like an awesome career!

Comment

I think I would love this job. I am a state C/O and don't like it much. Unfortunately, the pay is low, there is NO overtime, and you are forced to take time off if you accumulate too much time on the books. Also, there is a lot of drama with the union right now and haven't really had much of a voice. Check out the link below for more info.

http://www.peaceofficers.org/00_poc_01.html

Comment

any updates on the state park process? Im waiting to be contacted from a investigator. Hearing about the 70 parks that are going to close doesnt help, especially knowing LE jobs are hard to come by anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6300 users online. 340 members and 5960 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X