300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkeley PD hiring?

It looks like Berkeley PD is taking apps - recruits and laterals. Anyone know if they are just building a list or actually looking to hire? They have testing dates listed as well. I put my app in. Anyone know what the PAT is like? Where do they do academy?

Considering that about 8 of us on here applied, tested and interviewed back in August, only to be told that they are on a hiring freeze. I think they may be just building their list back up.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

Hiring freeze, huh? Good to know. I applied last year as well. went all the way through to the interview...received Rank 1...Then NOTHING!

I just received an email yesterday stating the my eligibility period was extended 12 more months. Interested to see if/when this happens.
      "It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't" - Martin Van Buren

Comment

I also received the e-mail about the extension. I'm hoping to see some movement.
        SFPD also just sent me a letter telling me to retake my PHQ.
        San Francisco PD
        04/2009 - applied
        written - passed
        physical - passed
        oral - passed

Berkeley PD
        07/2010 - applied
        written - passed
        physical - passed
        oral - passed

FAMS
        09/13/2010 - applied

USPP
        08/2010 - applied
        08/27/2010 - written

Border Patrol
        08/2010 - applied
        09/10/2010 - written
        09/15/2010 - NOR 95 with no vet points

Comment

DROnSF,

Just PM'd you.
          "It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't" - Martin Van Buren

Comment

I got the same email as well. But also an email telling me to arrive one the 7th for the PT test, and that interviews would be on the 9th & 10th...

I dont know what is going on!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blind Justice View Post
              I got the same email as well. But also an email telling me to arrive one the 7th for the PT test, and that interviews would be on the 9th & 10th...

I dont know what is going on!!!!
              Did you apply to the June AND April announcements? I contacted HR and they said that I did NOT need to retake any portion of the testing and that I would retain my Cat 1 standing until Aug 2012. So I never applied to the April posting.

Comment

I am not an applicant for the Berkley job but I've got to ask is the BPD as PC as most LEO would expect it to be? The city council seems absolutely horrific for anybody who wants to do proactive enforcement. But with that said, I know times are tough and people are looking for work anywhere they can get it. I was just wondering.

Comment

Berzerkley is worst than SF. That should tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by Crutch252 View Post
                    Did you apply to the June AND April announcements? I contacted HR and they said that I did NOT need to retake any portion of the testing and that I would retain my Cat 1 standing until Aug 2012. So I never applied to the April posting.
                    Crutch, I called back in Jan. to find out what was going on, and HR told me to reapply when it opened up again... I called again last week, they told me the same as they told you... =/ At least I'm in Cat 1 as well. =D

Comment

the whole process is as bad as the FAMS, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Crutch252 View Post
                        the whole process is as bad as the FAMS, lol.
                        Seriously, but at least we know how the FAMS process works... LOL

Comment

Anyone heard anything over the past 4 months?

Comment

I see on Government Jobs, that they are "hiring" again...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3300 users online. 217 members and 3083 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X