300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lapd questions

I currently live in ny and i am thinking of going to la in may to start the process but i wanted a little information. Im thinking of la cause its been my dream to live there and lapd and nypd have always been first choices in terms of departments, and nypd is not hiring and have no plans to any time soon and i graduate next year.
    1. Is crime that bad? my uncle and aunt both nypd officers say that la is super dangerous, but they say everywhere is, yet they only been to florida and never to la so how would they know.
    2. i found cheap apartments and houses in the san bernardino area, but is commute really that far.
    3. what is the work schedule like with the 3 12hr shifts
    4. what are health benefits like, how much am i looking at while im in the academy in terms of bi-weekly pay.
    5. finally, how do current officers love the job, do lapd officers love it like nypd officers do.

Hit up www.policebackground.net and you will find the answers to all your questions. It's similar to officer.com but 90% focused on LAPD.

Comment

You mentioned the San Bernadino area for houses,,, be advised San Berdo is a dump with a very high crime rate and its a long drive to LA with lots of traffic....
      Retired LASD

Comment

As far as housing goes, I think you would be better off in Burbank, Glendale or Long Beach. Parts of the San Gabriel Valley also are good choices. You do not want a long commute, and you do not want to live in a high-crime area.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

what area is good to live in then. as in low crime rate, affordable, and good schools

Comment

is rancho cucamonga a high crime area?

Comment

Originally posted by wilfredgual View Post
              is rancho cucamonga a high crime area?
              Rancho cucamonga, North Fontana and Corona are low crime areas for the most part. 50-60 miles one way trip to work, but worth it to alot of guys. Alot of guys live in these areas.

Comment

Dont live in the Inland Empire. You will hate the commute and the money you save on rent you will pay back in gas and car repairs. Long Beach or North Orange County are great areas and you will find good rent if you look.

Comment

Originally posted by cphil25 View Post
                  Dont live in the Inland Empire. You will hate the commute and the money you save on rent you will pay back in gas and car repairs. Long Beach or North Orange County are great areas and you will find good rent if you look.
                  +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6356 users online. 353 members and 6003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X