300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathedral city officer killed in pursuit crash

A Cathedral city officer was killed in a crash while in pursuit.. He crashed into a palm tree and his vehicle caught on fire...

www.kesq.com
    Retired LASD

The officer, Jermain Gibson, was a former Rialto PD officer. Sadly, he has lost his life over a relatively minor traffic violation. May he rest in peace. May God watch over his wife and three week old baby son.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

So sad.

RIP.
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        Sadly, he has lost his life over a relatively minor traffic violation.
        ]
        No he died chasing a suspect who was committing a felony and not submitting to the rule of law.

RIP brother.

Comment

So sad. I pray that God strengthens his wife. Woman are already emotional wrecks for months after giving birth. What a devastating tragedy.

RIP brother.
          "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

RIP brother....

Comment

Rip..................
              ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
              -- John Wayne

Comment

Officer Gibson attempted to pull over a stolen vehicle at approximately 23:30 hours and gave chase after the suspect failed to pull over.
                From ODMP

Comment

It wasn't clear to me but are those scumbags in custody?

May Ofcr Gibson rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by John Shaft View Post
                    It wasn't clear to me but are those scumbags in custody?

May Ofcr Gibson rest in peace.
                    Both suspects were injured seriously when they crashed and their car burned just 1/3 mile from the officers car.. One suspect was ejected from the car...
                    Retired LASD

Comment

Semper Fi Ofc. Gibson

Rest Peaceful

(Im wondering if there were other cars or bystanders present during the pursuit that factored into him losing control of his car?)
                      Last edited by DCH; 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM.
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

He made it through two tours in Iraq, even being injured and receiving the purple heart, only to lose his life on patrol This one is really bothering me for some reason. Not that I ever took the loss of a brother for granted, but every since our brother, Ryan Bonaminio was so brutally murdered, I have been more sensitive to the loss of fellow Officers. If anyone hears of a way to donate to his family please post it.
                        "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

RIP, Officer Gibson.

Best wishes to his family.
                          “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                          -Chief Wiggum

Comment

From http://www.cathedralcitypolice.com/ site:

"A yet to be named Memorial Fund will be established to assist his family though the Cathedral City Police Officers Association. All inquiries and donations should be directed to CCPOA President Albert Holloway at (951) 906-4552 or [email protected]."
                            “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                            -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Originally posted by LAC_LE View Post
                              From http://www.cathedralcitypolice.com/ site:

"A yet to be named Memorial Fund will be established to assist his family though the Cathedral City Police Officers Association. All inquiries and donations should be directed to CCPOA President Albert Holloway at (951) 906-4552 or [email protected]."
                              Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5696 users online. 341 members and 5355 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X