300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Buzzzzzzzzzzz.. Thanks for playing but you are wrong. All of the stock issued by the NRPC is owned by the US Government. Same when Conrail ws formed in 1976. The government sold off Conrail's stock in 1987.

The reason Amtrak was added (along with the FRB) was to make the government owned corporations (IE Fed reserve, Amtrak and USPS) law enforcement standard to what other agencies
    federal agencies had.
    Buuuuuzzzzzzz there goes the whole point right over your head, Amtrak Police are not government employees or agents, neither are UP police or BNSF police, yet they are all covered under hr218. My point is HR 218 was designed to protect those that carry out law enforcement duties while working, I.E. making arrests, carrying a firearm, serve and protect etc, USC DPS officers do all of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by BanditLAPD View Post
      I.E. making arrests, carrying a firearm, serve and protect etc, USC DPS officers do all of those things.
      No they don't. They are security, plain and simple. Although a highly paid with great benefits security agency....
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Buuuuuzzzzzzz there goes the whole point right over your head, Amtrak Police are not government employees or agents, neither are UP police or BNSF police, yet they are all covered under hr218. My point is HR 218 was designed to protect those that carry out law enforcement duties while working, I.E. making arrests, carrying a firearm, serve and protect etc, USC DPS officers do all of those things.
        Not quite. Amtrak along with FRB recieve primary arrest authority from US Code. Also federal funds operate both agencies as corporations. They were added because some states didnt know how to deal with APD and FRB LEO's. The language was amended by the OPM and as such grants them status as if they were federal employees even though they are not. USPS employees are not federal employees.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

It makes sense for railroad police and the USPS police to have nation wide jurisdiction and the powers granted by that of the Fed government, they have a HUGH area to cover and makes sense then having to deal with all the states and such recognizing their powers.

Private university's tend to be only a few square miles maybe 2 at the most. Doesn't make sense to give them POLICE authority for such a small area and responsibility. Does that make sense no because as we all know small university are pretty much small cites. Only way for that to change is for state legislation. Which I doubt will happen, its not like CA needs another PD, I say let USC contract with LASD for Police service
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
            No they don't. They are security, plain and simple. Although a highly paid with great benefits security agency....
            You must have some amazing security guards were you work, cuz Ive never seen any security guards that make arrests, transport and book at IRC, or take police reports or detain individuals for investigation, are required to have at least a level II reserve yet the majority are ex LAPD/LASD. Actually ive yet to see any security that have any powers of arrest while on duty. That is the main difference, USC DPS have powers to make arrests while on duty, they carry firearms and do all the same duties as any other PD. Thats why they SHOULD be covered under HR218

Comment

You must have some amazing security guards were you work, cuz Ive never seen any security guards that make arrests, transport and book at IRC, or take police reports or detain individuals for investigation, are required to have at least a level II reserve yet the majority are ex LAPD/LASD. Actually ive yet to see any security that have any powers of arrest while on duty. That is the main difference, USC DPS have powers to make arrests while on duty, they carry firearms and do all the same duties as any other PD. Thats why they SHOULD be covered under HR218
              1- Target security has powers to arrest. Every breathing citizen does. They also detain, write reports, and testify in court. Doesn't make them cops.

2- Sounds like you are trying to get hired and wished HR218 applied.

3- Tangent. I love the security guards in cars or carts with amber lights. It's funny to watch them flip out when I refuse to pull over.

Comment

I repeat. They are security officers, and are NOT police officers/peace officers. That makes them no less professional. Yet they ARE NOT COPS. Period. Never will be in their current form, either.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Actually, there are a whole slew of security guards in California who are not peace officers but who may exercise the powers of arrest of a peace officer as specified in Section 836 during the course and within the scope of their employment. They are enumerated in 830.7 of the Penal Code.

Are you sure you were really a cop with LAPD for six years as claimed in your bio? Most cops with that many years on would be familiar with this.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

BanditLAPD is really having a hard time with this isn't he?

Comment

I guess he(BanditLAPD) has never heard of LASD Security Officers. They the authority to make arrests if need be, tow vehicles, take "cold reports" for the department, and issue parking tickets. Most of their actions occur on college campus that we cover. Oh they are also able to detain individuals for the investigation of crimes. I believe there are some exceptions and that FJDave could clarify since we works with them. Oh yeah they to carry firearms and must do qualification like the deputies.

As I have stated before, USC is a great gig. It gives a younger guy the chance to go through an academy, paid for, and get some knowledge of semi police work. If they can handle the mundane calls and dealing with snotty drunk college kids who are all per-law, then could handle the rest of the public. On the flip side its great for someone who wants to retire yet still be active and work. Not to mention catch some great football/basketball games. And the biggest plus is the free tuition for your children if they can get into the school. As far a security work its a great foot in the door and a leg up over others who would be applying fresh from the start.
                      Last edited by moparfan; 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM.
                      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
                        BanditLAPD is really having a hard time with this isn't he?
                        I suspect another poser walks among us.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                          Actually, there are a whole slew of security guards in California who are not peace officers but who may exercise the powers of arrest of a peace officer as specified in Section 836 during the course and within the scope of their employment. They are enumerated in 830.7 of the Penal Code.

Are you sure you were really a cop with LAPD for six years as claimed in your bio? Most cops with that many years on would be familiar with this.
                          please point out where I posted that they were cops? Ive never once said it, I said they perform law enforcement functions, and that minus the government employees, the fit every aspect of hr218, if you had any concept of how laws are supposed to be interpreted you would realize that the whole purpose of hr218 is to give individuals and agencies that conduct law enforcement activities have the ability to protect themselves when not on duty. Are you going to sit there and tell me that a Federal reserve bank officer that sits on his *** for 8 hours watching a computer screen has more of a right then a USC DPS officer that is bordered on all 4 sides by gang territory and has probably made more arrests then you have? They go out there and do a law enforcement job but arent protected as law enforcement officers because of a penal code section that states private universities cant have their own PD. You ever see any target employees or any other security guards arresting, transporting and booking individuals at IRC? No you dont because yes anyone can make a PPA but no one transports and books the arrestee, the PD does that, unless your going to tell me you are making PPA's drive their own arrestee in their POV and having them write the report and filing the PCD?

Oh and I was too busy actually doing police work and dealing with hardcore convicts, gang members, drug dealers and other various criminal activities while I worked LAPD then worrying about what a security guard could and could not do.

Comment

please point out where I posted that they were cops? Ive never once said it, I said they perform law enforcement functions, and that minus the government employees, the fit every aspect of hr218, if you had any concept of how laws are supposed to be interpreted you would realize that the whole purpose of hr218 is to give individuals and agencies that conduct law enforcement activities have the ability to protect themselves when not on duty. Are you going to sit there and tell me that a Federal reserve bank officer that sits on his *** for 8 hours watching a computer screen has more of a right then a USC DPS officer that is bordered on all 4 sides by gang territory and has probably made more arrests then you have? They go out there and do a law enforcement job but arent protected as law enforcement officers because of a penal code section that states private universities cant have their own PD. You ever see any target employees or any other security guards arresting, transporting and booking individuals at IRC? No you dont because yes anyone can make a PPA but no one transports and books the arrestee, the PD does that, unless your going to tell me you are making PPA's drive their own arrestee in their POV and having them write the report and filing the PCD?

Oh and I was too busy actually doing police work and dealing with hardcore convicts, gang members, drug dealers and other various criminal activities while I worked LAPD then worrying about what a security guard could and could not do.
                            Nice rant and attempt at distraction.

You said

You must have some amazing security guards were you work, cuz Ive never seen any security guards that make arrests, transport and book at IRC, or take police reports or detain individuals for investigation, are required to have at least a level II reserve yet the majority are ex LAPD/LASD.
                            I merely pointed out where sucgh security guards could be found.

Comment

I think Bandit LAPD has an opinion based on his own experience and knowledge of the USC DPS- "unfortunately" there is the old addage of the "way things are, the way we want them to be, and the way things should be"- The CA COPS and CA. Sheriffs associations would have a fit if " private security forces", like the college DPS depts got HR 218 rights. While he has some interesting insight on what seems unfair, it is the way it is, and as long as USC is not "sworn", nothing can change...
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

They're hiring again apparently. Anyone have any info?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4571 users online. 261 members and 4310 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X