Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will your Agency be forced to hire.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will your Agency be forced to hire.

It would seem to me that even with the economy being terrible that PD's would still need to hire to compensate for attrition. My question is how long can all these hiring freezes last. I am suppose to RELAD in 2012 and it isnt looking so great right now. Anyone know of any NorCal agengcies that are going to be looking to hire in the next year or so?
    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

A lot agencies are deleting the slots as soon as people retire or move on. So there arent any "vacancies" per se. In many contract negotiations, one of the things they ask for is that the department delete the vacant slots. I dont know that exact details, but when there are open vacancies, the department still has to have money allocated to a certain extent. I think its that they have to fund the benefits but not the salary or the salary and not the benefits. Something like that. So having vacancies still costs the department money. Thats why they just axe them all together. That what my agency did. I dont know of any agencies Central on up that are hiring.

Comment

Check out Union City PD, they are hiring.

Comment

Thanks 10-10 but the filing deadline was March 11th......grrrrrrr
        R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
          It would seem to me that even with the economy being terrible that PD's would still need to hire to compensate for attrition. My question is how long can all these hiring freezes last. I am suppose to RELAD in 2012 and it isnt looking so great right now. Anyone know of any NorCal agengcies that are going to be looking to hire in the next year or so?
          We are several hundred bodies short at this point, with no academy classes on the horizon.

During the last melt down, we were almost 2K bodies down before we started hiring.

Agencies can go a VERY long time without hiring if they have to.
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Thats pretty wild when your agency can be DOWN 2000 deputies!! Mine was down about 60 and we were hurtin'! But that takes me back to my earlier post. As part of negotiations, we actually deleted those slots. So whoala.....we arent down 60 bodies anymore. Its that easy

The big draw back though is when times improve (Im praying) the Sheriff has to go back and actually ask for more slots to be allocated to the Sheriff. its like we never had them in the first place. See, on paper, we are at full staffing.
            Last edited by FlyingPig1; 03-13-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Most law-enforcement agencies added quite a few personnel up through 2006. They could learn to make do with lower staffing. Some agencies could replace some sworn personnel with civilians, who are less costly.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There's always a reason to hire more cops just never enough money.

If your in NorCal, COCO Sheriff, Richmond PD, Alameda Sheriff are all hiring right now for newbee trainees.

If you have a post grad cert then Concord PD, Walnut Creek PD and the ones I listed for trainee positions are all hiring for laterals/Academy Grads.

Go to each departments website and look there under Human Resources. You'll find the job announcement.

Comment

At our latest bureau management meeting the budget was discussed. There was big emphasis on overtime rules, and they discussed staffing. It seems that a bunch of specialized units are being looked at for downsizing or disbandment. All of my bureau is contract, so we can't downsize those since someone else is footing the bill. However, if those agencies cut back our staffing, we have enough vacancies right now that we can absorb those bodies with no loss of jobs. As a matter of fact, we just picked up another contract from a different station. Very cool, but as LA DEP said, we can go for a LONG time without hiring....and it looks at this point like we just might.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                    At our latest bureau management meeting the budget was discussed. There was big emphasis on overtime rules, and they discussed staffing. It seems that a bunch of specialized units are being looked at for downsizing or disbandment. All of my bureau is contract, so we can't downsize those since someone else is footing the bill. However, if those agencies cut back our staffing, we have enough vacancies right now that we can absorb those bodies with no loss of jobs. As a matter of fact, we just picked up another contract from a different station. Very cool, but as LA DEP said, we can go for a LONG time without hiring....and it looks at this point like we just might.
                    What contract did we pick up?

Comment

VAMC Manchester NH has a job posting in USA Jobs for a GS-0083/6 for 38,160 with 10% retention incentive, that makes it a 42,000 a year for first year.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...7+10%3a13%3a00
                      Last edited by GIOSTORMUSNRET; 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM.
                      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7088 users online. 365 members and 6723 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X