300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$ How Much Does Your Favorite Agency Make? $$$

Here is an article from the Sacramento Bee that permits you to research the average salary for LEO/FF in different locales throughout the state:

LEO/FF Salaries
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Pretty inaccurate. San Diego Sheriff is at 39k.....yet in Gustine the average officer makes 277k ???? WHAT? not even close. I can easily go on the Redlands city website and see a top step officer makes 6209 a month, and in Yuba city he would make top step 5760 a month. Yet on this they are paid the same... which means something isn't right. (likely not counting Redlands OT, but counting Yuba's OT) . And it doesn't take into account retirement contributions, vacation time, health benefits.

When my city and POA did a compensation study it took a lot of research to compare agencies and how much they were paid in comparison. These numbers are kinda of interesting, but very inaccurate and misleading for someone not in the know.

Comment

Doesn't appear accurate. According to this I make more now than I did at my old agency. My paychecks would seem to disagree with that.
      Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
      Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I agree - inaccurate.
        CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Comment

Close.................I think it's just the media's way of p i s s ing off John Q. Citizen.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            Close.................I think it's just the media's way of p i s s ing off John Q. Citizen.

They do enjoy doing that. I especially love how they make up the, "Facts". In my area, the San Diego Union Tribune, consistently year after year publishes lies about my agency.

Comment

Sad to say its pretty close. There is another norcal news paper I think the S.F chronicle and you can select from S.D, Ventura, S.B. and S.D counties but whats worse is you can search by department, name or title. And shows what your base and OT take home was.
              I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Salaries are a tad bit on the high side. At least firefighters make more and are more valuable since they do most of the life saving.

The best part about the article is reading the comments!! This one is my favorite

Comment

Based on those comments and the current political storm against public employee salaries and benefits, it's safe to say that the LAPD upcoming contract negotiations is gonna end with 0% across the board. You can almost forget about bringing back cash o.t as well. It will either be similar to the current contract (I hope) or with some cuts (bonuses etc). Oh well better than furloughs or layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                    Salaries are a tad bit on the high side. At least firefighters make more and are more valuable since they do most of the life saving.

The best part about the article is reading the comments!! This one is my favorite
                    The public loves firemen. A fire does not have a "babies daddy".

Comment

As Mark Twain said... There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Comment

Look under the Salaries section of this page for SF Bay Area agency salaries above $100k:

http://www.sfgate.com/data/

Actual names are shown (except undercover operatives) for individual earnings. Most of the stats are a few years old, but they don't appear to be inaccurate (they are specific by nature, not averaged or generalized).

Comment

found a site that lists la county, sb county, ventura and san diego salries:
                          http://www.InsideBayArea.com/souther...ornia-salaries
                          Last edited by moparfan; 03-18-2011, 12:46 AM.
                          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4208 users online. 202 members and 4006 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X