300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD retirements for March

Read a LACERA newsletter yesterday, there will be 99 retirements in March for the Sheriffs Dept. This is considered a huge number for just one month. Overall there will be 1700 county employees retiring in March versus 1000 last year...

March always sees a number of retiremets as the COLA, which this year is 1.5% is paid on April 1.
    Retired LASD

Up North it is the same.. COLA you have to leave before April 1st. Mass exodus...watch out for the stampede.

COLA + Ventura =
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Any idea how many of those are Sgts and above?
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
        Somebody close on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          Somebody close on the list?
          Wish, we restart the process begining Saturday. I haven't studied a lick for the written this time. I think all the studying I did last time just confuddled the mind. I'm going to do a little review on custody and courts the night before (figure I got the patrol side down pat) and let the chips fall where they may.
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
            Wish, we restart the process begining Saturday. I haven't studied a lick for the written this time. I think all the studying I did last time just confuddled the mind. I'm going to do a little review on custody and courts the night before (figure I got the patrol side down pat) and let the chips fall where they may.
            I have been in a study group since October.....I think I have shorted something out in my brain!

Rumor has it that there will be one more list before this one expires in June.....have to wait and see I guess
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I haven't studied one bit.....not one little bit. I have no delusions of getting promoted, but I'm just grateful the department let me test. Do you seriously think they will give me a good AP while I'm still on n00b probation? lol I'll see you guys there. LA DEP and mdrdep, I'd like to buy you a soda if we meet up.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Smurfette
              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
              Originally posted by DAL
              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                Up North it is the same.. COLA you have to leave before April 1st. Mass exodus...watch out for the stampede.

COLA + Ventura =

Still probably not enough to live in the VC dude...
                Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                  Looking at thr retired website, there are at least 3 Sgts. retiring, but I assume there are more than that...
                  Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Blizz View Post
                    Still probably not enough to live in the VC dude...
                    Dude??

You can...if you don't live above your means! Which we didn't.

But we left Calee to get out of the rat race..........................and are living like queens!
                    Last edited by deputy x 2; 03-11-2011, 06:50 PM.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                      Read a LACERA newsletter yesterday, there will be 99 retirements in March for the Sheriffs Dept. This is considered a huge number for just one month. Overall there will be 1700 county employees retiring in March versus 1000 last year...

March always sees a number of retiremets as the COLA, which this year is 1.5% is paid on April 1.
                      I would think that Baca would put out a HELP WANTED sign real soon considering all of the cities that are planning to drop their own PD and becomming contract cities with LASD.

Comment

Originally posted by RLRay View Post
                        I would think that Baca would put out a HELP WANTED sign real soon considering all of the cities that are planning to drop their own PD and becomming contract cities with LASD.
                        What cities are planning on dropping their pd's? The only one we know about is Bell possibly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6279 users online. 343 members and 5936 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X