Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult Written Exam you have taken with a CA LE agency?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hbliam
    replied
    Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
    Wait a tick...you plan on going to law school?
    Applied at three last week, waiting on an answer. If the public wants to keep taking from us there isn't much reason to stay in the game.

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    Originally posted by camelotskin View Post
    HBLiam, You must be hella smart finishing one exam in 10 minutes!

I read fast and I don't agonize over the answers. I either know the answer or don't.

Got called into the tac office in the academy because I was always finishing the POST tests in 5-10 minutes and averaging 97-100%. They thought I was cheating. I told them to pull out any test and give it to me right then. They declined and left me alone.

Leave a comment:

• camelotskin
    replied
    Retired96, The LASD DST exam has changed since then. It was alot tougher when you took it for sure.

Leave a comment:

• avalon42
    replied
    post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• camelotskin
    replied
    HBLiam, You must be hella smart finishing one exam in 10 minutes!

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    I recall back in 83 or 84 LASD was concerned that the failure rate for the DST test was extremely high. So they randomly picked about 300-400 Deputies to go take the DST test. I happened to be one of those Deps, and was a little upset as I was given a moments notice and the test was on my RDO..The day of the test it turned out all the Deps. were on days off and also given very little notice....Everyone was po'ed...I don't think any of us put any effort in the exam, we justed wanted to go home on our day off....I later learned that the failure rate was very high for those seasoned Deps. that took the test....I was never told if I passed it or not...I believe the test was based on a 12th grade education....

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    DOAcop38, Do you mean 30% pass? Because if 30% fail that wouldn't be too bad IMO. That would mean 70% pass. Don't know too much about LA School PD, but I thought about testing there as well. You know more than anybody on this forum so I will have some questions for you.
    was told this by a former LAXPD-now LASPD officer that works locally as the SRO at a nearby H.S. Remember taking the test back in the dark ages( when LASPD drove all "midnite blue"( burple) cars, and barely passed it( damn near half the folks taking the test in my group, didn't get an invite to the PFT at rio hondo Academy)

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    double double

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    That's right. The T-score is from the P.O.S.T./PELLETB exam with the "Cloze" portion aka "crossword puzzle" at the end. However, i wouldn't say that all the written exams are "Jr. High School" level. For instance, Beverly Hills PD only has about a 30-40 percent pass rate, as opposed to other written exams that have a much higher pass percentage. The P.O.S.T. exam is just a reading and writing exam with various "pass points" depending on the agency you are applying with. Typically with a T-score between T-48-T-52.
    The pass rate of a test doesn't mean it's difficult and doesn't mean it's above junior high school level, it means uneducated, dense people are taking the test. Every police test (LAPD, LBPD, NBPD, CMPD, HBPD) I took was a joke. I took one at Costa Mesa that gave a T-score. Ten minutes after we started I was done. They thought I wanted a bathroom break when I turned my stuff in to leave. I never got my score but did get moved to the next phase.

I took the LSAT a few weeks ago. That's the first test I've ever thought was hard.

Leave a comment:

• Zam
    replied
    I agree with DOAcop38. LASPD's written test was pretty tough.

Leave a comment:

• camelotskin
    replied
    DOAcop38, Do you mean 30% pass? Because if 30% fail that wouldn't be too bad IMO. That would mean 70% pass. Don't know too much about LA School PD, but I thought about testing there as well. You know more than anybody on this forum so I will have some questions for you.

Leave a comment:

• camelotskin
    replied
    Blind Justice, I'm not sure which agencies accept the waiver, however LAPD's written exam is pretty easy. Just 3 essay questions.

Leave a comment:

• Blind Justice
    replied
    Im taking the LAPD written in 2 weeks. It will be my second CA test, other than the 100q for the POST Waiver. Berkeley PD was rather simple, but a lot of math.

Anyone know which departments accept the waiver?
    Last edited by Blind Justice; 03-16-2011, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Don't know if its been mentioned, but the L.A. School PD has a very tough ( or at least they did) written exam- and was told that at least 30% + actually fail the entry exam......

Leave a comment:

• camelotskin
    replied
    I took LASD's in 2008 and thought I did poorly but scored rather high. They had 60 questions then so it may or may not have been the same exam you took. That was when I first started testing in LE. At the time I did think it was harder than what I imagined. I thought all LE exams would be cake!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6431 users online. 389 members and 6042 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X