Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• san bernardino sheriff hiring trainnes?

hello I was hoping if someone could shine some light my way. I was recently going through backgrounds for the April academy, when I was told by my B.I. that the academy had been cancelled due to lack of county funds.... I was wondering what is the possibility of a June academy happening?

No, I don't think SBSD will put any trainees through the June academy. As of now, with huge budget cuts, we are trying to save every penny we can...and hiring trainees is an extravagant cost right now. If we were to hire anyone, it would probably be pre-service or laterals...but even that is bleak. Be patient, and keep training. 2012 will probably be the big year in hiring trainees.
    "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

Budget cuts

Seems like they are hiring more for reserve positions.

I have a couple of friends that got called in for an interview for Hesperia, Victorville and Rancho( I believe). They are currently in level 2.
      knowledge equals confidence

Comment

Originally posted by bs09 View Post
        hello I was hoping if someone could shine some light my way. I was recently going through backgrounds for the April academy, when I was told by my B.I. that the academy had been cancelled due to lack of county funds.... I was wondering what is the possibility of a June academy happening?
        They have stopped dead in their tracks. I havnt heard anything from them in like 6 months.
        Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

That really sucks.... but thanks that helps me out a lot, I was really looking forward towards it.... My B.I. told me that they were looking into hiring 10 trainees, and I was in their top 5. but i guess dont count your self in until it actually happens... I appreciate your comments Ill continue working out and hopefully i get lucky with another agency...

Comment

Might consider putting yourself through the academy at San Bernardino Valley College, they were taking aps for pre-service and laterals a little while ago.
            Originally Posted by Law100
            Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

yea its really bleak here in the Chicago Area as well, i took a written test a few weeks ago for a suburb here in chicago, and 350 showed up for maybe 1 open spot if this officer retires, it sucks might be a while till anyone gets on anywhere, i have since been looking out of state, my sister moved to So Cali, and i was looking at California but everyones in the same boat no matter what state or large metro area good luck to everyone

Comment

Our Corporals were saying they cancelled the april class and possibly the next class. I just graduated today from SBSD Academy it's a great academy and very stressful but well worth it. Just keep training and applying places , best of luck

Comment

congratulations joe-jitsu on your accomplishment.... Did SBSD hire you? Ill continue applying, and like I said I hope I get lucky....

Comment

That's too bad that they aren't going to be hiring for a while. I'd love to work for them especially if I could be in the Chino/Chino Hills area.

Comment

Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                      That's too bad that they aren't going to be hiring for a while. I'd love to work for them especially if I could be in the Chino/Chino Hills area.
                      Any info you need on working that area? Cuz i'd know

Comment

Originally posted by JOE-JITSU View Post
                        Our Corporals were saying they cancelled the april class and possibly the next class. I just graduated today from SBSD Academy it's a great academy and very stressful but well worth it. Just keep training and applying places , best of luck
                        Look forward to talkin to you on the air some day

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                          Any info you need on working that area? Cuz i'd know
                          Well it looks like it won't be happening any time soon, that's for sure. I used to date a girl who lived in Chino Hills over in the Los Serranos neighborhood. Loved the area. If I were to live in the LA area I'd go there.

Comment

Well it looks like it won't be happening any time soon, that's for sure. I used to date a girl who lived in Chino Hills over in the Los Serranos neighborhood. Loved the area. If I were to live in the LA area I'd go there.
                            its aiight

Comment

Actually for Chino hills you want to stay away from upper and lower los serranos.. if there is a bad part of chino hills thats it. If you want to live in a really really nice area you want Vellano. 1 step under that would be oak tree downs, carbon canyon or the north end of shy view. Chino hills is a nice city but los serranos is the worst part of it lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2604 users online. 129 members and 2475 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X