300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles General Services Police.

I’ve searched the forum and couldn’t really find much on this department other than they might be or might not be merged with lapd in the near future. Can anyone shed some light on the department and what the job is like at an agency with a specific mission like the General Services Police?

I dont know much of the merger but the General Service Office of Public Safety provides policing and security to all of the Libraries, city parks, city hall and city hall east and the Police section are POST trained through LAPD.

Comment

In a nut shell, take the old LACOPS PD that just merged with LASO, and change the bean counters from the county to the city. Basically the same type of agency with the same mission. I can't see them merging with LAPD. There has been talk but I don't see LAPD officers wanting to do the bldg security. But then again the flavor of the decade is "1 city, 1 agency".
      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

GSD Police are supposed to handle patrol and radio calls within the parks and at city buildings, however I am constantly receiving alarm calls at the libraries and handle calls in parks almost every weekend. I have had training with a couple of them and they are super under staffed and such. They have security that comes in and locks the gates some of the time, and while I have no desire to sit a fixed post at city hall....they have security guards. It gets annoying when there is a whole department devoted to one thing, yet you handle every 390 man, 288 suspect, family dispute and all that other crap in the parks all weekend....and the constant library alarm calls...its not exactly like we don't have enough of our own stuff to do. GSD does however have Griffith Park pretty locked down....
        "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

SEO Services in Los Angeles is a proven team of SEO professionals, internet marketers, developers and designers. Our SEO team has a collective 13 years of search engine optimization experience and has ranked hundreds of websites across different niches on a national and local scale. so we are providing good solutions for you business through seo.

Comment

Originally posted by sankarprabu02 View Post
            SEO Services in Los Angeles is a proven team of SEO professionals, internet marketers, developers and designers. Our SEO team has a collective 13 years of search engine optimization experience and has ranked hundreds of websites across different niches on a national and local scale. so we are providing good solutions for you business through seo.
            13 years? Well that's impressive.

Do you contract with Los Angeles General Services Police?
            Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
            Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I clicked on their website. They represent many prestigious clients such as

and

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Report sent. While I love to argue with trolls, I have a feeling this post will get deleted.

But since we are here, any updates? Did LAPD finally "eat their peas" and take the Port PD and GS PD, and the other City PDs they do backgrounds for and training at their Academy?
                semper destravit

Comment

Theu took over General Services. Dont know the out come of how many went over sworn. They are still fighting to take over the two ports. Heard there is to much federal tie up. But when applying to the City you check which department you want. from what ive heard LAPD does the background regardless.
                  I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5252 users online. 295 members and 4957 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X