300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burbank Police Department (Testing)

I see that Burbank Police Department is testing on April 7 2011. any insight about the department, How many are they hiring???? etc....

Thanks

I just submitted my application for the Burbank P.D. recruit. Does anyone know how many they are thinking of hiring?

Comment

What I heard from a Glendale PD Lt. he said he was for 11 positions. I am one who applied to take that test also good luck to all of you

Comment

I took the test on April 7th. I recieved an e-mail today notifying me that due to unforseen circumstances, the PAT exmas have been postponed. It also states that the new dates will be sent out with the written exam result notifications. Did anyone else recieve this email??

Comment

I also got the same e-mail. Hopefully they aren't waiting until July 1st like all the other departments.

Comment

Hey b1ubox. Good deal. I know Burbank is a pretty tough Department to get into. Just taking it one step at a time. What Im wondering is if the e-mail was sent to everyone that took the written test on April 7th, or just the candidates that recieved high enough scores?

Comment

I'm sure everyone, since they haven't released any scores yet.

Comment

I got the same email. I am actually kind of relieved it got delayed because the PAT would of been the same day as my Oral for another department. I'm pretty sure most dept's do that on purpose to see which candidate wants it more.

Comment

Anybody know much about the department? Morale, budget, etc. And last but not least, do they let the cops DO THEIR JOB?

Comment

My Buddy works for LAPD and when i told him i wanted to apply to Burbank he told me to be careful because it's a FBI trap.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-officers.html

Comment

I was actually looking forward to taking the PAT, but oh well, a little bit of a wait wont hurt.
                      GTV- Looks like it worked out for you, and good luck with the oral ! I have a PAT next for the Riverside Sheriff's.
                      Well good luck fellas....

Comment

Of the Burbank coppers I've met, all are very professional and squared-away. From what I've been told, many of BPD's officers lateraled in from other, larger departments, and people who get hired at BPD tend to stay there until they retire. The pay, equipment, and budget are all good, as Burbank has a substantial tax base due to the entertainment industry that is based there.

BPD has definitely had some issues in the past few years that have been well-documented on O.com and in the press. IDK to what degree they have/haven't been resolved.

To get a sense for the work there, best thing to do is go on a ride-along. They schedule ride-alongs quite a ways out, so call and schedule one sooner rather than later.

Good luck to everyone.
                        “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                        -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
                          I was actually looking forward to taking the PAT, but oh well, a little bit of a wait wont hurt.
                          GTV- Looks like it worked out for you, and good luck with the oral ! I have a PAT next for the Riverside Sheriff's.
                          Good luck to you as well LAbert,
                          The PAT for Riverside was pretty simple especially since they reconfigured the dirt track about 2 months ago so it's easier. Don't stress you'll be alright.

Comment

LAbert-if you don't mind, let me know how you did and if you passed the PAT for Riverside. I'm interested to know what they say now that they may not be hiring. Good luck, if you run a decent amount you'll be fine.

Originally posted by LAbert View Post

Comment

GTV- Thanks.
                              FutureLEO- Sure thing. I just looked at the website and they have a PAT for the 27th. I'll post my results soon after. So they might not be hiring?? Haven't heard about that yet. Where did you hear about it?
                              Just curious. How many candidates showed up for the PAT when you took it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3451 users online. 191 members and 3260 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X