Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lateral transfer...questions about process.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral transfer...questions about process.

I'm looking for info on how the Lateral transfer process works...specifically when you are in the process of applying what happens when your current dept finds out, esp if you do not get the job with the dept you applied as a lateral to?

Originally posted by SoCalguy09 View Post
    specifically when you are in the process of applying what happens when your current dept finds out, esp if you do not get the job with the dept you applied as a lateral to?
    you get passed up for special assignments and promotions

Comment

I don't think any agency in CA would be so small minded to think their officers are totally happy and content with the operations. So, one who has put out feelers to another agency is nothing to get upset about. It happens all of the time in all agencies and no retribution is forthcoming in those incidents. At most, management might query your reasons for wanting to leave; and, then again, perhaps they might wish to have you go. jk!
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

must have been my imagination

Comment

Some supervisors at agencies can be vindictive. Usually you keep quite about leaving until you move on to backgrounds, then notify your supervisor.

Comment

Its an agency to agency thing. I once tested for Sgt at another PD that was just being formed, I let my agency know from the get go. maybe not smart but I felt like it was the ethical thing to do. I made it clear I wasnt looking to lateral I was looking to promote. As it turned out I made it to the final 16 but not the final 12 they were hiring. They offered me a a lateral postion but I turned them down, again I wasnt looking to lateral.

The incident never hurt me a bit at my current agency and I was promoted to detective a few months later.

It really depends on your reason for going. If your going because you hate everyone you work with, that might not be a thing you want to let out.
            Originally posted by FJDave
            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
            "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

It costed me a K9 position AND delayed from me promoting from corporal to Sgt. for a year (rather have the dog). AND I am not complaining about it, I don't blame the management at all for it. What sucks is a buddy of mine was in the same boat and had been the golden boy of his sheriffs dept. was trying to lateral out, his Captain contacted the scheduling Sgt. and switched him from day shift to graveyard saying "we only reward the loyal".
              Last edited by WPD954; 12-19-2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

I remember some brass in CERTAIN depts will open a case on you if given a chance IF they do NOT want to have officers leave, so they can keep you there,,,,,AND of all the depts, even in the CHP it happens.
                Last edited by WPD954; 12-19-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Yes it happens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9532 users online. 404 members and 9128 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X