Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP: Retired Two Weeks, Dies From Traffic Collision

Retired Highway Patrol officer from El Centro dies

A retired California Highway Patrol officer who is believed to have spent his entire law enforcement career at the El Centro station died today following a crash this week at the residential intersection of Ross Avenue and 19th Street, officials said.

Jacques Rodriguez, 50, who was flown out to the University of California San Diego Medical Center where he had been listed in critical condition throughout the day before he was pronounced dead at about 4 p.m., a hospital official said.

Rodriguez was riding his motorcycle on southbound 19th Street Tuesday and failed to stop at the posted stop sign, said El Centro Police Cmdr. Jeff Mason. Rodriguez's motorcycle struck a moving sedan that was heading east on Ross Avenue, Mason said.

Initially, Rodriguez was taken to El Centro Regional Medical Center for a complaint of pain to his shoulders and legs following the collision, Mason said.

http://www.ivpressonline.com/news/qu...,5162545.story
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

That really sucks. Usually, it's a heart attack that takes us out within a year of retirement. Definitely not a good month for CHP retirees. First, my traffic idol Worley Jones and now Jacques Rodriguez.

RIP brother, now you're truly retired.
    God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

That is awful. After surviving an entire career to get his life cut short. My prayers go out to his family.
      Originally Posted by Law100
      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Rest in peace, Officer Rodriguez.

Best wishes to his family.
        “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
        -Chief Wiggum

Comment

thats sad, I played football with Jacques in the early 90's on a local L.E. team. he was a great guy. RIP Jacques

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9159 users online. 248 members and 8911 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X