• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty LAPD Officer dies in TC

Found this on latimes.com

LAPD officer, Mission Viejo man killed in O.C. motorcyle collision
    December 14, 2010 | 3:00 pm

An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was one of two people killed after three motorcycles collided near Irvine Lake in Orange County, authorities said Tuesday.

Officer Kent Carter, 60, of Rowland Heights was driving northbound on Santiago Canyon Road south of Jeffrey Road on Sunday when his 2007 Suzuki motorcycle veered into oncoming traffic.

He collided with Miles McCune, 24, of Mission Viejo, who was driving his 1999 Honda motorcycle northbound.

A third motorcycle -- a male driver and female passenger driving a 2007 Honda southbound on Santiago Canyon Road -- hit Carter a second time.

Carter and McCune were pronounced dead at the scene. The man and woman in the 2007 Honda were ejected from the motorcycle and hospitalized with serious injuries.

The California Highway Patrol is investigating the collision.
    Carter, an officer with the LAPD Emergency Operations Division, had worked for the department since 1981. He started as a patrol and vice officer and later worked as a training officer. He had been assigned to the LAPD’s Labor Relations Division since 1998.

LAPD Lt. Andrew Neiman said in a statement that Carter was “the most gracious, warm and considerate individual I have ever met. He loved his family, loved life and was looking forward to a wonderful retirement in a year. His passing will create a huge void in the Department.”
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Wow, I did not hear about this. Sounds like someone lost control, although I don't know how anyone could on Santiago Canyon Rd. That road is pretty straight! I won't be riding there any time soon, as it will probably be heavily enforced. RIP officer/rider and other riders.

Comment

Kent was a DI back when I was in the academy. He was a large and imposing man... but he was also a decent guy who treated us with respect, even though we were just boots. May he rest in peace.

Comment

RIP, Officer Kent. Prayers go to the family and friends of Officer Kent.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Smurfette
        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
        Originally posted by DAL
        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

His brother is a retired LASD Deputy..
          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Barkley84 View Post
            Wow, I did not hear about this. Sounds like someone lost control, although I don't know how anyone could on Santiago Canyon Rd. That road is pretty straight! I won't be riding there any time soon, as it will probably be heavily enforced. RIP officer/rider and other riders.
            Its actually a pretty curvy road as it passes irvine lake until it gets to Cooks corner. The problem with that road its its so wide and fun to drive that people really tend to over drive their vehicles.
            LAPD

Comment

I drove that road a lot in the last few years going to Holy Jim Trail (off-roading). It is a really nice road with tree canopies and everything.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Smurfette
              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
              Originally posted by DAL
              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers en-route
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9243 users online. 317 members and 8926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X